Is it Assault and what could be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom31w

I work as a Contractor for the US Department of Defense and recently I was on site with the Government Employee when he began yelling at me and calling me a M* F*, and threatened to "F** me up." I only replied about his unprofessionalism and went back to the task at hand. UI did not really do any thing more because I was a representative of my company and did not want to escalate the situation and jeaopardize the contract.
This person is a senior Government Employee (GS-13) and I feel that this cconduct was illegal. My initial thought is assault (verbal). I feel like I was attacked and it upset me alot.

Am I out of my mind? If I have a legal leg to stand on, where do I turn?

tom31w said:
I work as a Contractor for the US Department of Defense and recently I was on site with the Government Employee when he began yelling at me and calling me a M* F*, and threatened to "F** me up." I only replied about his unprofessionalism and went back to the task at hand. UI did not really do any thing more because I was a representative of my company and did not want to escalate the situation and jeaopardize the contract.
This person is a senior Government Employee (GS-13) and I feel that this cconduct was illegal. My initial thought is assault (verbal). I feel like I was attacked and it upset me alot.

Am I out of my mind? If I have a legal leg to stand on, where do I turn?
I'm sorry to hear about this experience. Technically, this is "assault" which would mean a threat of violence. If it upset you the best place and way to get retribution is to file a complaint with his supervisor or at least mention it to your own, essentially make sure you've got the paperwork done.

Regarding the court system... what are your damages? And if you are worried about making a formal complaint, what do you think filing a lawsuit will accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back