is allowed to file child support to alaska for non resident

Status
Not open for further replies.

kutz12345

Is is allowed to file a child support in Alaska by law even if you are not a resident or do not live in Alaska.

Is is allowed to file a child support in Alaska by law even if you are not a resident or do not live in Alaska.

I presume you are the baby's mother, were you and the alleged father married when the child was born, or married after the child was born?

If you were divorced, in what state were you divorced and in what year?

Ho wold is the child today?

Do you and the child reside in Alaska?

Is there a child support order?

If so, in what state was the order issues?

Is there a custody/visitation order?

In what state was it issued?

Finally, in what state does the child reside and with whom?

Thank you for your reply Sir, I appreciate it, I'm a service member, I am station here in Fairbanks AK, my son is in Guam with his mother, I have been sending her money and paying for all my son's expenses, that includes his tuition fees to a private school, I send her $1000 every month and more when she tells me that my son need to pay something or buy something, basically I pay for all my son's expenses. She filed a Child support here in AK, by the way she is working also. Honestly Sir I think she's using my work to get more from me, one time she sent a letter to my unit saying, " he is not giving us any money, ( comma) the money the he is sending us is not enough" she mess up herself with his letter and so my unit ignored her and have me filed a divorced because of that and at that time me and my son are together, she just borrowed my son from me and never returned him, my divorce paper has a joint custody and I placed her as a primary custody due to the reason that I want her to take care of my son whenever I go abroad for dep...Is there any information or advice that you can help me Sir? I appreciate everything that you will give me...thank you.

The proper venue to file in appears to be Guam if they are residents there. How did she get to Alaska to file? How does she plan on attending the hearings? Where is your home if you are a transient serviceman in Alaska? Where did you file for divorce? They appear to have jurisdiction on this.

Thank you for your reply Sir, I appreciate it, I'm a service member, I am station here in Fairbanks AK, my son is in Guam with his mother, I have been sending her money and paying for all my son's expenses, that includes his tuition fees to a private school, I send her $1000 every month and more when she tells me that my son need to pay something or buy something, basically I pay for all my son's expenses. She filed a Child support here in AK, by the way she is working also. Honestly Sir I think she's using my work to get more from me, one time she sent a letter to my unit saying, " he is not giving us any money, ( comma) the money the he is sending us is not enough" she mess up herself with his letter and so my unit ignored her and have me filed a divorced because of that and at that time me and my son are together, she just borrowed my son from me and never returned him, my divorce paper has a joint custody and I placed her as a primary custody due to the reason that I want her to take care of my son whenever I go abroad for dep...Is there any information or advice that you can help me Sir? I appreciate everything that you will give me...thank you.

WOW. You have a mess, airman. Okay, let's try to sort this.

You have filed for divorce, correct?

What is the status of the divorce?

Pursuant to the divorce, did the judge order temporary child support?

Is there a temporary custody order?

Just so you know, ANY and ALL money you give her without a court order will one day be viewed as a gift.

So, let's just say you don't get the divorce finalized until July of 2014.

Say you've been gifting her $1,000 a month for the last 15 months.

She can file for back child support from the day she TOOK (or absconded) with the child back to Guam. That was a very big mistake, by the way.

Say she claims she took the child 12 months ago. Assume for discussion purposes, that the child support table says the custodial parent is entitled to $1,500 a month.

Well, the court will look at that and order YOU (non-custodial parent) to pay 12 times $1,500, or $18,000 in back support, plus $1,500 a month going forward; and they'll do that by allotment.

She and the kid are entitled to dependent ID cards, health care, etc...

I suggest you speak with JAG, and a civilian lawyer. Get this sorted, sooner, rather than later.

The issue with Guam or Alaska having jurisdiction over the kid needs to get sorted, too.

Unless you're cool with the kid being in Guam.

Good luck...

Thanks again for your kind reply...I have my divorced finalized in2009, we have joint custody, I chose her to be the Primary custodian when I filed the divorce for the reason of me goin on a deployment, after a year she ask if she could take my son with her on vocation in guam, I agreed, since then she used my son to get money from me coz some asshole navy nco is trying to tell her some bullshit the she has to do, I was juz a private then and don't know much about army reg...i never missed any support for my son and back then there is no child support stated on our divorced agreement...I just wanna know how can a non resident of alaska can file a child support in alaska...I filed my divorce in NC....Thank you again for the help.

Thanks again for your kind reply...I have my divorced finalized in2009, we have joint custody, I chose her to be the Primary custodian when I filed the divorce for the reason of me goin on a deployment, after a year she ask if she could take my son with her on vocation in guam, I agreed, since then she used my son to get money from me coz some asshole navy nco is trying to tell her some bullshit the she has to do, I was juz a private then and don't know much about army reg...i never missed any support for my son and back then there is no child support stated on our divorced agreement...I just wanna know how can a non resident of alaska can file a child support in alaska...I filed my divorce in NC....Thank you again for the help.

Very interesting stuff.

I'd first verify that she has indeed filed a valid legal action in Alaska.

You know, these days, faking most anything is very easily done.

Your best bet might be to discuss this with JAG.

Then ask your coworkers, buddies, and others you trust to recommend lawyers.

I'd make an appointment with three of them.

The initial consultation is free.

You need to get some answers that local lawyers would know easily.

They can also advise you as to what you might be able to do to stop this, get support properly established, and get some order back in your life.

If she has remarried, (or with the dependent ID card as your child's mother), she might be using SA MAC flights between Guam and Alaska.

It would explain how she was able to file a lawsuit in Alaska so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back