Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Is a PPO possible?

Gerard093

Jurisdiction
Michigan
I was seeing this girl for a short while and then I broke up with her. At the end of November, I found out she was pregnant and was genuinely scared about it. I hadn't talked to this girl since December of 2020. I had my friend and girlfriend contact her about it and all was well. I then messaged her and said I was sorry and I had a conversation with her. Then, my friend asked her more questions for me, and she blocked me on Facebook. After she blocked me, I believe my friend sent her a screenshot of me still being scared and that was that. The other day, I had my girlfriend send this girl an apology from me. I told her that I was sorry for being over the top, and that nobody would ever contact her again. Basically, I just need to know if a restraining order is something to worry about. This is Michigan.

Have you initiated any actions through the court to determine paternity of the child so that (assuming the child is yours) you can be in your child's life to provide proper parental support (which goes beyond money)? Another bonus is that if the child is not yours, then you don't have to be "scared" any more.

The
Have you initiated any actions through the court to determine paternity of the child so that (assuming the child is yours) you can be in your child's life to provide proper parental support (which goes beyond money)? Another bonus is that if the child is not yours, then you don't have to be "scared" any more.

The child is not mine and I am not scared anymore. I'm just worried that because I freaked out and stressed so much about it being mine, that this girl may come after me. Even after I apologized and stated there will be no more contact. I have no reason to talk to this girl ever again.

The child is not mine and I am not scared anymore.
Great - I'm glad you were able to find that out so definitively.

Now, go on with your life, never contacting her again.

EDIT: The fact that you had a friend contact her "the other day" after more than a year since breaking up with her shows that you still have "a thing" for this woman. Leave her alone. Really.

Great - I'm glad you were able to find that out so definitively.

Now, go on with your life, never contacting her again.

EDIT: The fact that you had a friend contact her "the other day" after more than a year since breaking up with her shows that you still have "a thing" for this woman. Leave her alone. Really.

I broke up with her a year ago, but she had a baby at the end of November. I was scared because I didn't know when we had intercourse. I have no reason to ever contact this person again

I broke up with her a year ago, but she had a baby at the end of November. I was scared because I didn't know when we had intercourse. I have no reason to ever contact this person again

Also, I don't have a thing for this person being that I broke up with her lol

At the end of November, I found out she was pregnant

November 2021, I assume.

and was genuinely scared about it. I hadn't talked to this girl since December of 2020.

If you hadn't talked to her since December 2020, why would a pregnancy in November 2021 concern you? Do you have even a basic understanding of how human reproduction works?

I had my friend and girlfriend contact her about it

Why?

I then messaged her and said I was sorry and I had a conversation with her.

A conversation about what? Sorry for what? And, again, why?

Then, my friend asked her more questions for me

Why?

After she blocked me, I believe my friend sent her a screenshot of me still being scared and that was that.

What does "a screenshot of me . . . being scared" mean? Scared of what? And, again, why did your friend do this?

The other day, I had my girlfriend send this girl an apology from me.

An apology for what? And, again, why?

I just need to know if a restraining order is something to worry about.

Well...you hadn't talked with this girl/woman in 11 months and then, all of a sudden, you and your girlfriend and friend inexplicably start inundating her with presumably unwanted contact to the point that "she blocked [you] on Facebook." As my five "why" questions indicate, it is completely unclear why you and your girlfriend and friend started doing this, but the message appears to be pretty clear that you ought to knock it off. If you continue with unwanted contact, then yeah, a restraining order might be possible.

I was scared because I didn't know when we had intercourse.

You told us that you "hadn't talked to this girl since December of 2020." Unless you think you might have had sex without talking with her, how could you possibly not know this?

C E L I B A C Y

CELEBRATE CELIBACY

CHASTITY

PURITY

AMEN...

The longer you go without contacting her in any way, including indirectly through friends, the less likely it is that a protection order would be granted. So just walk away, don't apologize, don't ask if everything is all right, don't ask if she's mad at you, don't even ask how she's feeling. Just walk away and never contact her in any way again, and it's unlikely that you'll have anything to worry about.

The longer you go without contacting her in any way, including indirectly through friends, the less likely it is that a protection order would be granted. So just walk away, don't apologize, don't ask if everything is all right, don't ask if she's mad at you, don't even ask how she's feeling. Just walk away and never contact her in any way again, and it's unlikely that you'll have anything to worry about.
To be fair, HE didn't ask those things...he had his new girlfriend do it. :rolleyes:

Math isn't your strong point. Or biology. 9 < 11.

Please leave the chick alone.

I was seeing this girl for a short while and then I broke up with her. At the end of November, I found out she was pregnant and was genuinely scared about it. I hadn't talked to this girl since December of 2020. I had my friend and girlfriend contact her about it and all was well. I then messaged her and said I was sorry and I had a conversation with her. Then, my friend asked her more questions for me, and she blocked me on Facebook. After she blocked me, I believe my friend sent her a screenshot of me still being scared and that was that. The other day, I had my girlfriend send this girl an apology from me. I told her that I was sorry for being over the top, and that nobody would ever contact her again. Basically, I just need to know if a restraining order is something to worry about. This is Michigan.

What are you asking about? I don't even know what the issue is. What were you scared of? That it was your kid? I don't know what the timeline really is - you haven't talked to her sine Dec 2020 but you broke up with her Nov 2021? Or is it you hadn't talked to her since Dec 2020 and then heard in Nov 21 she was pregnant? If you haven't seen her since Dec 2020 how would the pregnancy be attributed to you?

Also you can't really control what your friends send to people but I'd tell your friend to leave her alone since she blocked you and your girlfriend needs to leave her alone too.

If you don't stop contacting her or have people you know contact her, she could see about a protection order. At this point, not likely. Take the hint - she blocked you and it seems like you aren't involved with her since you have a gf. Although I'm wondering why your gf is putting up with this nonsense from you...

If you broke up with her in Dec 2020 and she had a baby in Nov 2021 - how would it ever have been your kid? If she'd gotten pregnant the last time she was with you Dec or prior, she'd have had the child Sept or prior. Pregnancy is average 9 months so...nine months from Dec 2020 is definitely not Nov 2021...

If you are done contacting her be done and she will not have to entertain an PO.

Back