Business Contracts Is a contract enough?

Terry Thompkins

Hello,

I am a new business owner that facilitates the trading of domain names for other domain names , as my business requires me exchange private information such as email or other private info between two parties. Is a contract that dictates the price of service, terms of termination, states that I will be deleting their information after services, and that I wont ever use their information or their property after service enough to keep me safe if something goes wrong. If not what are some ways to protect myself from legal trouble.

I'm not expecting any trouble but I always want to be prepared in case something happens. I am starting a new business after all.

What state?
Hello,

I am a new business owner that facilitates the trading of domain names for other domain names , as my business requires me exchange private information such as email or other private info between two parties. Is a contract that dictates the price of service, terms of termination, states that I will be deleting their information after services, and that I wont ever use their information or their property after service enough to keep me safe if something goes wrong. If not what are some ways to protect myself from legal trouble.

I'm not expecting any trouble but I always want to be prepared in case something happens. I am starting a new business after all.

What state?

Kentucky per previous thread.

enough to keep me safe if something goes wrong.

A proper contract goes a long way to providing a defense to a lawsuit. Hire a lawyer to draft one for you to make sure it protects if something does go wrong. Just understand that nothing prevents a lawsuit from being handed to you.

And please keep all future discussions about your business to this thread. It's all one topic no matter what the subject is.

Keep you safe from what? A well-worded contract created by an attorney is one way to protect against "legal trouble." Insurance is another.

Hello again thank you all for the wonderful advice.

I've been doing more research into my field and I've hit a wall and was wondering if you all would know, do I need an escrow license for the state of Kentucky and if so how do I go about getting one?

do I need an escrow license for the state of Kentucky and if so how do I go about getting one?

Contact your Secretary of State's office. Someone there can direct you to licensing agencies for a variety of businesses and professions. That's where you'll find your answer.

Back