Iowa Probate not being settled, coming upon 3 year deadline

Melva

Jurisdiction
Iowa
Hi there. My uncles Estate in Iowa is nearing the 3 year anniversary of his death and unfortunately, the Administrator and her attorney are not even close to wrapping things up. Iowa Online Court records show several notations from the court regarding report delinquencies and Court fees not being paid.

I think there's a 3 year deadline in Iowa to settle an Estate. Costs are mounting and nothing is being done, plus the Admin and Attorney will not communicate with Heirs.

what happens to an unfinished Estate af the 3 year mark?

Hi there. My uncles Estate in Iowa is nearing the 3 year anniversary of his death and unfortunately, the Administrator and her attorney are not even close to wrapping things up. Iowa Online Court records show several notations from the court regarding report delinquencies and Court fees not being paid.

I think there's a 3 year deadline in Iowa to settle an Estate. Costs are mounting and nothing is being done, plus the Admin and Attorney will not communicate with Heirs.

what happens to an unfinished Estate af the 3 year mark?
What makes you believe there is a 3 year time limit? The handful of sources I looked at mention 5 years.

Back