Involved in hit and run please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

csd5r

I was coming home late at night from work and me and another car sideswiped each other to me just as i was leaving the car park and he was going in. it just looked like our side mirrors where broken. I was shocked at what happened and kept driving I looked in my rear view mirror and the car i hit was behind me tail gating. I wasn't in a good position to pull over as the next bit of road was a round about then a intersection he was still behind me extremity close to the back of my car if i would have had to stop suddenly for any reason he would have crashed right into me. As it was dark and the way he was driving scared me i decided to drive home which was 8mins away. To a well lit area where i could get help from my dad. When i pulled into my house he followed into my driveway and got out of the car talking on his mobile phone to the police about wanting to press charges for a hit and run the person on the other end of the phone must have asked him something about how he knew who it was because he responded with "I followed them home" We got each others details and he went on his way.

It's been 3 days and the police had not shown up. Should i be worried did they think the incident wasn't important because there seemed to be not much damage? I'm a young driver who has never been in any kind of accident in my life i was scared and i know i did the wrong thing what would be any kind of penalty if the police do show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back