invalid mother, 16 yr old needing parental signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsieshup

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this and i hope that someone will be able to help.

My sister is bedridden and dying. Her husband has suffered 3 heart attacks and currently suffering with blocked arteries. Both are in the hospital weekly. Honestly they both need to be in nursing homes, but they want to die at home.

My 16 yr old neice and her 2 mth old daughter have just came to live with me, as the last time that her father was hospitalized, OCS (child protection in LA) made the threat that they would be placed in foster care. I left my home immediatly and went to get them.

Now my sister and her father both agree that they, my neice and her daughter, are better off staying with me.

The problem we are ruinning into, is that the notarized paper of my sister giving me custody, is not sufficent for legal matters. We can not afford an attorney, nor could my sister make a court apperence, she is deformed with Crippling RA, and can only be transported via an ambulance.

At the DMV the lady there said that me neice would need to be emanciapated in order to get a drivers license. we also ran into this problem trying to get her enrolled in a GED program.

How can i go about getting her emanciapated with out her mother being able to appear in court granting permission, as well as not having the finances to attain a lawyer. ( her father was never listed on the birth certificate, so he cant sign anything)

Again thank you in advance for any help you can provide on this.

Elsie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back