Internet violation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

markiemark04

Several years ago a person posted a statement about me on a website called
Complaintsboard.com, they posted all my personal information from a professional website. I changed all my details and then other people who i have no idea who they are posted comments, now again someone then posted all my personal and work contact details, I have now started received harrassing calls/emails to both my personal contact details and work details. I have tried to contact the website with out much success to remove all of this. Is there anything I can do?

Contacting the owner of the website to request the information be removed is the best option, but is not always easy. This company appears to be based in Latvia. Here is the website info:

Domain Name.......... complaintsboard.com
Creation Date........ 2006-06-22
Registration Date.... 2006-06-22
Expiry Date.......... 2010-06-22
Organisation Name.... Business Networks Ltd
Organisation Address. Hipokrata 45 #49
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Riga
Organisation Address. LV1079
Organisation Address. none
Organisation Address. LATVIA

Admin Name........... Mediolex Ltd
Admin Address........ Hipokrata 45 #49
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Riga
Admin Address........ LV1079
Admin Address........ none
Admin Address........ LATVIA
Admin Email..........
Admin Phone.......... +1.2407644863
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Mediolex Ltd
Tech Address......... Hipokrata 45 #49
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Riga
Tech Address......... LV1079
Tech Address......... none
Tech Address......... LATVIA
Tech Email...........
Tech Phone........... +1.2407644863
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Hmmm, http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/complaintsboard.com reports the following:
Complaintsboard Title: Complaints Board

Complaintsboard Keywords: complaint form complaints letter customer mortage loan handling online business systems do not call list

Complaintsboard Description: Helpful information for consumers regarding allegedly unethical companies, bad business practices. Complain and submit your complaints or research previous complaints

Complaintsboard IP:
Complaintsboard server location:
Houston in United States
Complaintsboard ISP:
THEPLANET.COM INTERNET SERVICES

On the other hand, http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/ returns the same information that Moose provided. Curious, isn't it?

Domain Name.......... complaintsboard.com
Creation Date........ 2006-06-22
Registration Date.... 2006-06-22
Expiry Date.......... 2010-06-22
Organisation Name.... Business Networks Ltd
Organisation Address. Hipokrata 45 #49
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Riga
Organisation Address. LV1079
Organisation Address. none
Organisation Address. LATVIA

Admin Name........... Mediolex Ltd
Admin Address........ Hipokrata 45 #49
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Riga
Admin Address........ LV1079
Admin Address........ none
Admin Address........ LATVIA
Admin Email.......... editor.complaintsboard@gmail.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.2407644863
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Mediolex Ltd
Tech Address......... Hipokrata 45 #49
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Riga
Tech Address......... LV1079
Tech Address......... none
Tech Address......... LATVIA
Tech Email........... bnetworksinc@gmail.com
Tech Phone........... +1.2407644863
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Now, put it all together to see the answer!!!

http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/174.123.96.170

Last edited:
JHarris- I used domaintools.com to get the info, but there are a number of services on the Internet that will perform the WHOIS function to retrieve website info.

The info I provided is for the owner of the website which is registered in Latvia.
The info Army provided is for the hosting service which is based in Houston.

Submitted for Your Consideration

30th of May, 2012 by Thud

This is complaintsboard. Pretty much anything is allowed. Even if your account gets deleted, just make another. Having your account closed is just a 2 minute inconvenience. Pissedconsumer is even worse. You don't even have to make an account there, just put in any username you want and post.

I haven't spent much time at my3cents.com, but from what I can tell, it's pretty much Mr. Roger's Neighborhood over there. I've read posts where the OP filed a complaint against a retail store for refusing to return open software (like every store in the known universe). Nevertheless, the comments were all warm, fuzzy, and full of belly rubs as if the OP was some sort of helpless victim of an evil corporation.

Now admittedly, I have made comments on this site and others that are less than favorable to the OP and there have been times I have been a downright asshole. There have also been a lot of times that I agreed with and tried to help the OP with available options to them. There have been times that I was attacked/bullied because people felt that I was being a troll (Venice09, what were your mature, wise words? I should be curbed?) when that simply wasn't the case (In that case I was telling the person who makes a different complaint on PC Richard and Son everyday with a new username to "choke on their lies" because there are clearly lying and have been for months. Just look up PC Richard & Sons on this site and see for yourself)

There are actual trolls out there. A troll just looks for people to talk trash to, regardless of the validity of a complaint. Trolls should be weeded out and removed, but to call someone a "troll" or "bully" or to say they are "attacking" simply because they refuse to sugarcoat the truth and allow people to feel good about screwing themselves and passing the blame to a company that did nothing wrong is totally ignorant and repulsive to me. You don't have to like everything that everyone posts, but unless there is actual trolling or bullying, you should at least respect other people's opinions, even if they're different than yours.

"If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

CB, WHY?
Is there is No link to make removal requests.
Is there is NO link for the Company Owner/Person to make a Rebuttal, or offer a solution or Explination.
Dzianis Beltyukov is The Owner and Webmaster for CB.
I have made repeated requests to remove a web page, with NO results.
Request are not honored, and are probably deleted when you attempt to Contact their Email at the bottom of this page.
When you reach a Troll, they offer NO help, and just keep up their same shit as usual...
Don't get it Twisted, NO SUGAR COATING necessary, Results are the only thing I need.,
AHHHHHH Chew... I'm allergic to YOUR BULLSHIT!!!
Search : Dzianis Beltyukov

Dzianis Beltyukov is a fake name. You are looking for Preston E Lawson and Scott Breitenstein of Dayton OH. Breitensteins teenage son is also involved in the postings and harassment.
Scott Breitenstein lives at
22 w mumma ave.
Dayton, Ohio 45405

It is a duplex he lives in the upstairs unit
(937)660-7343

His partner is Preston Lawson
3508 Le Juene Drive in
Dayton, OH 45405
his number is (937)830-0377

It would appear to me that there are two parts to the ownership of this complaintsboard website.

(1) The domain name
(2) The hosting company that hosts the website.

The domain name itself can be hosted anywhere in the world. That is owned by a Latvian individual. The website itself is physically hosted at The Planet, a very large hosting company in Texas that is now owned by Softlayer. I think mightymoose answered this. It's possible that the individual in Latvia is real and the domain name is rented. Nothing stops you from sending the "owner" an email complaining about the problem and seeing if you get a reply or a bounced email. The registrar information is required to be accurate.

Doing some research indicates many who believe that this is a shakedown website. I can't say it is or it isn't but it would be far from the first to operate such activities. There are numerous complaints about those helpful "who called me" Internet directories concerning unlisted telephone numbers as being shakedown artists hoping to defame businesses, demanding money in return for removal of fabricated complaints.

You may want to read The Planet's or Softlayer's acceptable use policy. If there is a clear violation of their AUP, then you might want to direct a complaint there. You will need to make sure that there are clear violations, not just surface allegations that will require the hosting company to go on a fact finding mission. I haven't read it and don't know. It's just one additional possible avenue.

This is an illegal post by some unknown idiot!!!! You are not allowed to post personal address and phone information on anyone.......especially when it is a totally false accusation,to begin with.

This is an illegal post by some unknown idiot!!!! You are not allowed to post personal address and phone information on anyone.......especially when it is a totally false accusation,to begin with.

Please point out where it's illegal to post publicly-available information.

Did you know the entire phone book is online? Try visiting a site like spokeo.com and see what happens when you type in your own name or address.
There is absolutely nothing illegal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back