Internet stock scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon_

I'm wondering why we are seeing all these Internet stock scams and whether they are related to the same problem since they seem to involve all the trading houses and going public. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Originally posted by jon:
I'm wondering why we are seeing all these Internet stock scams and whether they are related to the same problem since they seem to involve all the trading houses and going public. Can anyone explain what is going on?
A lot of companies that went public allegedly permitted underwriters of the stock to have huge compensation that was not disclosed to purchasers of the stock when it went public. This also included executive officers of these corporations.

This is the first email I have ever gotten of this kind :

From 'Mary <jane0l215@excite.com>'

Amnis Systems, Inc. (OTCBB:AMNM)

CONTRACT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HUGE NEWSLETTER COVERAGE THIS WEEK FOR AMNM !!!

This Thursday AMNM will be profiled by some major newsletters. There will be huge volume and a strong
increase in price for several days. These are the same newsletters that profiled CLKS two weeks ago.
They brought CLKS from $1.50 to $4.35 in ten days. We know for certain that the same groups are going
to profile AMNM starting on Thursday.

We are very proud that we can share this information with you so that you can make a profit out of it.
It is highly advisable to take a position in AMNM as soon as possible, today before the market closes,
or tomorrow.

The stock is trading near its 52 week low, and will start moving up immediately. We believe the stock
could easiely reach $4 in less than a month.

Good luck and watch AMNM fly this week!!

Originally posted by igor@af:
This is the first email I have ever gotten of this kind :
From 'Mary <jane0l215@excite.com>'
This is a different scam. This is a stock manipulations scam done by individuals and brokers. The class actions are against the investment houses who took these companies public. They were heavily compensated but the terms were not clearly and adequately revealed to the investors in the stage of taking the company public and opening the stock for sale on the exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back