International bank wire pending since January 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

m24bog

First, thanks for the opportunity to communicate with all members and staff.

My Bank sent an International wire to beneficiary's OCBC Bank account in Singapore
January 25, 2008.

Beneficiary Account Name, Number, Business Address are correct on wire application.

Bank Name, address and SWIFT Code are correct on wire application.

Remitter's Order number is correct

Beneficiary claims no funds received. Wired January 25. Today's date February 5.

Receiving OCBC Bank allows only the beneficiary or my wiring bank to trace the wire with proof of wire document.

I have tried but cannot be sure that Beneficiary has received my sent as an attachment copy of my Bank's wire transfer Request. I will try to fax a copy. Beneficiary is not communicating with me.

This leaves it up to my Bank to trace the wire but they used Union Bank of California which told them that a charge of $40 to $100 could be incurred to trace unless the bank made a mistake.

I will talk with my bank's Vice-President tomorrow. Very able bank tellers have handled this up to now. Nothing official can be done until 10 business days have past this Thursday Feb. 7.

I do not have $40 to $100, if they insist , to trace this matter. I am a WW2 Vet whose Social Security does not cover expenses.

It seems that the Agency obligations of a wiring bank are limited if a best effort is correctly made. But I have $649.44 SOMEWHERE which I cannot afford to lose. I have always been a fighter (shy until shot at).

I am making a best effort including obtaining the Beneficiary's Singapore phone number (they have not answered my emails except for automatically acknowledgement emails),

In the manner of my WW2 Army service as a Tank Commander/Squad Leader at the shy age of 18, I am trying to think about what to do and where to ask for help.

At least during war, one is not being cheated or worrying about fraud.

All is in God's hands though in this present matter.

Thanks and appreciation <><

Last edited:
Your only recourse is to have the bank trace it.

Thanks SeniorJudge

Will check with bank tomorrow. The beneficiary is still is not communicating. A trace may be the only option.

After much thought today I would like to cancel the wire if possible because of non-arrival in over ten days. Will have to compare costs but cancelling will enable me to obtain the same product from a newly discovered Market Maker
who even called this evening after I had contacted him about his services.

Live and learn. Prior good service by this firm did not continue.

Will post the final resuts.

Thanks and appreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back