Insurance Company do's & dont's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaLawyer

There was an accident in front of my home where my car was parked. There were five cars involved and my car was wrecked the worst, total front end damage. Only one driver was ticketed for failure to yield. I contacted her Insurance Company and got the run around for a week. I finally got in contact with an adjuster and he advised me that they where denying liability. The adjuster told me they where not going to pay for the damages nor a rent a car. Then twenty days later I get a call offering to total my vehcile out, I have a lot of money invested in this car because I was restoring. I also found out that their charter liscense had been revoked before the accidents, "the insurance companys that is". My question is do I have to take this total disrepect from and if not what can I do? Where can I research the VA law on Insurance Companies online? What can these guys get away with?

What do you mean their charter has been revoked? Have you contacted your state attorney general? Did you contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) to see what complaints may have been filed? It is likely you are not the first person to have problems with this company. So sorry to hear about the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back