Insurance Claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluhdash

Insurance Claim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Feb 19, 2007 I was parking at a restaurant, hit the curb and scrapped underneath the front part of my car. I was going under 5mph, didn't hear anything too terrible or feel a sudden jerk. I adjusted the vehicle and proceeded to eat. Once I was finished, I started the car and reversed out of the parking space. Then the oil light blinked and my car died. I got out of the car and immediately noticed a huge puddle of oil in the parking space I had just occupied. I called my insurance right away to open up a claim.

14 days later my car was towed to an autobody. 8 days it's been sitting at the autobody. The adjuster took a look at it, but still doesn't know what the problem is and can't give me a time frame as far as when I will get my car back.

The problem is with some information I'd given them while opening my claim.

After the incident a friend/mechanic took a look under my car and immediately noticed that the oil filter hung inches below my frame, like it was almost waiting to get hit. I told him I had just gotten an oil change in Nov. at Midas. He is almost positive they put on the wrong filter.

We went to an automotive parts store to get a new filter. I gave an employee the yr/make/model of my car and he gave me a much smaller oil filter.

My insurance contacted Midas and of course Midas told them that they put the right oil filter on my car. I have never gone to Midas for an oil change before, but I can say I have hit alot of curbs with numerous cars and never busted an oil filter and blown my engine.

My Insurance has requested the Midas Invoice for the oil change and the original filter which I will supply them with tomorrow. My Insurance now says they may not cover my car if it turns out Midas did put in the right oil filter. I feel I should be covered regardless and in a timely fashion.

Currently I've been researching what type of oil filters are right for my car and also my insurance policy. Any advice would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back