Insurance claim of unauthorized driver

kapeskittu

Hi,

I had a car which met with an accident due to my fault and i claimed expenses from my insurance company. My insurance company gave me a temporary car from Enterprise and i am driving that until i get my car repaired. This enterprise car was driven by my friend on some emergency situation with my permission. He was not insured and not listed as authorized driver with Enterprise. He was hit by another car while driving unfortunately. Now we are in confusion on how to claim this accident expenses. What legal issues we will face to claim insurance from the guy's insurance who hit this enterprise car and how do we need to proceed further?

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad Kattula.

Now we are in confusion on how to claim this accident expenses. What legal issues we will face to claim insurance from the guy's insurance who hit this enterprise car and how do we need to proceed further?

You have several problems.

The car belongs to a rental company.

You permitted a driver NOT on the rental contract to drive the car.

If the accident occurred in FL, that is a no fault state.

That means each driver repairs his or her car.

You have no one to sue, but Enterprise is going to come after YOU.

You recently were involved in an accident that caused you to now be driving a rental car.

You have problems way beyond the ability of a message board to assist you, other than to say you need an attorney, or you need to disappear back to your homeland, ASAP; unless you have about $50,000 to $100,000 to fix the mess your "friend" caused because you couldn't say NO.

Hire a lawyer or skeedaddle to the safety of another sovereign nation way across an ocean.

Five states and Puerto Rico have no-fault auto insurance laws. Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania have verbal thresholds.

The other seven states—Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Dakota and Utah—use a monetary threshold.

No-Fault Auto Insurance

You have several problems.

The car belongs to a rental company.

You permitted a driver NOT on the rental contract to drive the car.

If the accident occurred in FL, that is a no fault state.

That means each driver repairs his or her car.

You have no one to sue, but Enterprise is going to come after YOU.

You recently were involved in an accident that caused you to now be driving a rental car.

You have problems way beyond the ability of a message board to assist you, other than to say you need an attorney, or you need to disappear back to your homeland, ASAP; unless you have about $50,000 to $100,000 to fix the mess your "friend" caused because you couldn't say NO.

Hire a lawyer or skeedaddle to the safety of another sovereign nation way across an ocean.

Five states and Puerto Rico have no-fault auto insurance laws. Florida, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania have verbal thresholds.

The other seven states—Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Dakota and Utah—use a monetary threshold.

No-Fault Auto Insurance
Thanks for the advice sir... its not so much big amount to pay for now... but the fault of the accident to the enterprise car was by another person who is ready to claim accident expenses from his insurance company for the damages on our enterprise car... but we like to know how we can proceed for that as we my friend is unauthorised driver and the accident ticket has his name...

Thanks for the advice sir... its not so much big amount to pay for now... but the fault of the accident to the enterprise car was by another person who is ready to claim accident expenses from his insurance company for the damages on our enterprise car... but we like to know how we can proceed for that as we my friend is unauthorised driver and the accident ticket has his name...

Reread my post.

If you can't understand it, get someone that can understand it to translate it for you.

I gave you complete information in my previous post.

Back