Insurance check fraud

Coco

Jurisdiction
Connecticut
My 2 Nd vehicle was hit. Had the car for 7 months and brought to a shop that was recommended due to this sudden hit. The gentleman at the shop was seen by my adjuster. (Had this insurance company for 6 years no accidents and clean record for 1st vehicle.) I went to go see him and after meeting him he said to me out the blue "oh I told the adjuster to send the check to you" (looking back he clearly had a motive) down side is my father had a knee replacement surgery which had my work schedule and pressure on me as well and single mom of 3) almost a month later no check no repairs and told me the adjuster had to come back out because it was more damage than he thought...so all of a sudden shop gets vandalized almost a month and a half later and they steal a radio and all the rims. So appalling that at this point I don't know what to do or what's going on so I go and ask the the guy what happened so now I had to take another claim out this time not realizing now I've been assigned a new adjuster and I'm all the way confused at this time this new adjuster was a bit of a an assholebecause he was asking me about this and what I did was send the paperwork to the shop because now we all are waiting for this police report. The guy at the shop gave me a police report number to wait on report. At this time the 2nd adjuster pretty much is asking me for reports and info that I didn't have @ this point the shop, my adjuster no one was working with me I was doing too much and confused and stressed out at this point because I'm still paying carnote and insurance and aiding my father now we are well in July now and still waiting for report so finally I pick up report and submitted to insurance company...to also let them know it wasn't my job to b doing all this running around. my insurance NEVER went after the shops insurance for this 2 Nd claim why who knows but now at this time my adjuster sends me a check and asks me if that was my signature which it wasn't. Now I had GAP Nd my adjuster really didn't help the situation I had to fill out total loss forms and he sent a settlement papers and included the 6500 check in the settlement which Gap didn't cover so now no car and I still have to pay the loan off 6500. Yes the kicker is the check was cashed way back at the end of April we were now leading in August so my question is why would my adjuster stiff me knowing and learning later the check was not valid and he also told me when they picked up the car that No Work was done on the vehicle. So now shop waLks away with the check and I have to pay for a car that isn't here and all my insurance said was it's a civil matter now and went up 100 on my insurance for a car I had 6 yrs. I need a lawyer both insurance company and shop played me big time and they can't get away with this at all.

If you think you need an attorney, then I suggest you use this link from the bottom of every page here, or google for local attorneys.. Legitimate attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.

I understand. I'm just trying to get some insight. I'm literally lost. Jus tired of being taken advantage of and you telling me to look at the bottom jus helps get some things done. I went to get paperwork to file for a civil case and the clerk recommended I get an attorney...which leaves me in a pool of sharks and it's stressful. Not to mention making time to get this done with limited money.

If you think you need an attorney, then I suggest you use this link from the bottom of every page here, or google for local attorneys.. Legitimate attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients.
Not only that I want to drop my insurance but I don't know if I try to go after my insurance company will they not help me with info they have for this matter. It's like catching bees with honey

Once again, if you need an attorney, an interweb forum is not the place to find one.

Once again, if you need an attorney, an interweb forum is not the place to find one.
Thank you I get it. Looking at the links at the bottom it isn't any attorneys in my area that deals with this type case. I jus was lookin for some insight and some direction. This is new to me and again being taken advantage from 2 different places is stressful enough thank you for your recommendation. This wasn't helpful either that helpful either jus thought I'd share experience to see if anyone could relate.

You start by talking to at least two (better yet three) attorneys in your county.
Most attorneys will meet with you for a consultation/assessment at no charge, no further obligation.
You'll normally be allowed 20 to 30 minutes for the initial consultation.

You start by talking to at least two (better yet three) attorneys in your county.
Most attorneys will meet with you for a consultation/assessment at no charge, no further obligation.
You'll normally be allowed 20 to 30 minutes for the initial consultation.
God bless you sir tomorrow morning i will be calling and seeking counsel. It s just a process and when u have no idea it's stressful trying to find trust in a phone book when really in cases like this money talks. I pray I find someone who is passionate at their job. Then I'm thinking if I have to go out of district it's going to b more costly. I jus have aniexty when things are out of my control and I did my whole part to avoid conflict. Life goes on. Gotta get thru this!

stressful trying to find trust in a phone book

You can ask your county bar association for names, look over your state bar association (here is their website: Connecticut Bar Association ) for attorneys.

More sites:

Your state court attorney look up service: Attorney/Firm Look-up

Hartford County Bar: Lawyer Referral - Hartford County Bar Association

Another Hartford County attorney search: Lawyer Legion

Find the Right Lawyer with LegalMatch

There are also many sites online that specialize in promoting good attorneys.

The best referral source is a relative, friend, or co-worker you trust.

Back