Insurance ain't cooperating

A

Anjenette Lumbera

Jurisdiction
Other
I am a motorcycle owner, a friend of mine borrowed my motorcycle, she's drunk and doesn't have a driver's license. I let her borrowed it in her pledge that she won't go out of the highway. She slide and hit a car which is parked on the road. The owner of the car is a doctor. My motorcycle was impounded and then released because we have settled it with the car owner. we are willing to pay the participation fee for the insurance of his car. He said he don't wanted to be disturbed so he want us to process it with the insurance company. we asked the insurance but they just handed us the quotations of the service repair and no hint of it being processed through the insurance. they let us have the copy of the service repair quotation saying that that is what we need to pay for. we have suspected that what they want basically is for us to pay directly for the repair because there is no PARTICIPATION FEE that is introduced to us. they won't even let us have the copy of the police blotter. what could have happening because they want us to pay almost ninety thousand pesos. which is basically we can't afford. please help us. god speed everyone.

This site is for US law but I'm pretty certain that, even under Philippine negligence law, you and your driver are responsible for 100% of the repair bill, not just the participation fee.

Did you have liability insurance on your bike?

If not, you get to suffer the consequences of your incredibly stupid decision to let a drunk drive your bike, or to let anybody drive your bike without insurance, or to drive your bike yourself without insurance.

Back