Criminal Law INS Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsdanir

If one who is currently in jail was given probation after completing their sentence, but has since had an INS hold put on them and is scheduled to get out on 5/30/08.... what will happen?

This morning the jail said that his case was disposed and his release date is 5/30 (they didn't mention a hold) and he's being let out on probation.

However, yesterday, when I went to visit and checked in, the officer said to me "it looks like he's got an Immigration Hold on him..."

They haven't said anything to the inmate and I informed him during the visit what I was just told...

My question is:

Does the fact that a Hold could be in place mean that the probation is null and void?

Or

Because he was given probation, will they still release him and defer the hold?

Deportation Pending....

is it possible to stop deportation? I know that there are several forms that can be filed, but, not sure which ones to file.

Also, if one is married to a US Citizen are they still deporatable if they are a resident?

If you are not a citizen you can be deportable if you violate your status even if you are married to a citizen.

Immigration would not remove a hold because someone is on probation. They are two different bodies which work separately.............Immigration law is federal law and is the most important one. It makes state law look like a joke…………. So he would be transported to immigration jail until they resolve what ever the reason for the hold was is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back