inresposability if insurance agent cost me money

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeneag

Hi,
I've bought a car, and got an insurance policy from AllState.
About month later, I've got a mail from my bank, stating that they don't have any proof of insurance, and that
I need to ask my insurance agent to send (fax, mail) them my insurance papers, otherwise they will buy their own insurance to protect themselfs.
I called my agent, and asked her to fax them the proof of my insurance. She said that will do it right away. Month later,
I've recieved a monthly statement from my bank, and I saw that they have added around $2,300 for their own insurance!
I called to the bank, and they said that they didn't get the proof (!), so they bought it.
I called my agent and asked where is she faxed needed documents to them last month, and she said "yes,
I faxed them even twise, but they probably didn't get it, or maybe it's have been lost".
In same time, my parents had similar problems with the same agent while they were refinancing their home morgate, she also forgot to send some important documents on time, etc.,
and that she was saying that its not her fault, and basically told them same story as she with me.
So we figured that she was lying about it, and she just forgot or didn't care to do her job. If you think about this, its so obvious that she's lying. You can't do that with such important documents. Because of her inresposability, and care-less behaviour with her clients,
I have to pay $2,300! I'd like to know where is I can make her pay it off.

Thank you very much,
John.

P.S. My parents already wanted to do something about it, since they had so much problems with her. She was always late on everything, missing papers, and stuff like that.

$2,300? Is this a yearly rate? Why did they take out such a long policy? That sounds rather high and you should inquire about not being responsible for the entire amount for the length of time.

Did you pay for the insurance? If so, a receipt would have been good proof of insurance as well as notifying the bank as to the name of the agent and the insurance company. The bank could have verified the insurance directly. Perhaps this was the case and AllState didn't follow up.

Regardless, it sounds like you should send the insurance company a demand notice to cancel the policy, refund you the amount paid plus the difference between the policy you had to pay for and the cost of the AllState policy. Obviously state the reasons for the demand. If they don't pay, take them to small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back