injury at work

K. Walden

I will keep it short and simple. I am a nurse, I fell in the kitchen at work there were no wet signs are mats on the floor. I ended up tearing my rotator cuff. The management made me fill out my own Incident report, they would not let me leave for the hospital or give me any direction on where to go. They would not give me any paperwork and would not provide a ride to the hospital. I am right-handed it happened to my right arm. I drove myself home and my husband drove me to the hospital. On our way to the hospital we were called by one of my managers and threatened that if I left work without finishing a job I would be fired. Two weeks after the surgery I was put on light duty by the doctor. The management made me do my full duties at work on the job. 10 months later My doctor has told me that I may need surgery again because my shoulder did not heal correctly. Do I have a case?

I will keep it short and simple. I am a nurse, I fell in the kitchen at work there were no wet signs are mats on the floor. I ended up tearing my rotator cuff. The management made me fill out my own Incident report, they would not let me leave for the hospital or give me any direction on where to go. They would not give me any paperwork and would not provide a ride to the hospital. I am right-handed it happened to my right arm. I drove myself home and my husband drove me to the hospital. On our way to the hospital we were called by one of my managers and threatened that if I left work without finishing a job I would be fired. Two weeks after the surgery I was put on light duty by the doctor. The management made me do my full duties at work on the job. 10 months later My doctor has told me that I may need surgery again because my shoulder did not heal correctly. Do I have a case?

You should have filed a WC case the day it happened.
Notwithstanding such a filing, you could have seen a WC attorney the next day.

I suggest you see such an attorney no later than tomorrow.
An Internet website isn't going to do anything but cause you more delays.
You need someone to fight for you.
You need a legal knight.

You need a legal knight.

You need a legal knight.
I did get a WC attorney but he keeps telling me there is a rate for my arm and that's all I will get. Punitive damages, pain and suffering or anything is useless. I have went through hell and back with this shoulder. There is much more shady events up to this moment. I feel I don't trust him and fear he maybe talking to the company but I can't prove it. I just go by the way my management is treating me like gold and now when someone is injured the immediately call an ambulance, and light duty is lite duty! I just think I could get more then 6000! This is a multi million dollar company. Since the only one that makes rude comments was the administration. I work for a Nursinghome. When I mentioned to the attorney about waver of subrogation he snickered and changed from 6000 to 100,000 plus an resignation to my job. He is supposed to be sending a demand letter. I don't know what to do or who to trust. These people are horrible though.

You can always consult with two or three additional attorneys.
As you have observed, no one takes you seriously.
That is why its paramount and imperative that you find an attorney you can trust.

There is no pain and suffering in WC. You are legally barred from suing your employer because of a work injury. You are entitled to related medical care, pay for time off work while healing, and compensation for any degree of permanent disability as a result of the injury. $6K is pretty average for a surgery with some small degree of impairment. There is nothing to subrogate from what you describe. Light duty is not required to be offered. If you are reinjured, it becomes a new claim.

Sometimes employers will settle a claim and pay a premium for the employee to resign. $100K would be extremely unusual. It would be downright unheard of on a an otherwise $6K claim. If you were a young, high wage earner who was severely impaired for the rest of your life, $100K might be in the realm of realistic.

Back