Information for the law forum Advisors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muggsyj

Hi all,

I was looking around the forums and noticed there were quite a few cases of internet fraud involving the UK from the USA.
I would just like to relay this information to you all if it helps.

In the UK we have three main options for consumers to report crimes of fraudulent trading.
Depending on the severity.

Trading Standards Offices
Trading standards offices investigate complaints about goods and services and can take action on a consumers behalf. They are run by the UK local athorities.
To contact the Trading Standards... www.tradingstandards.gov.uk

Office of Fair Trading (OFT)

Fleetbank House
2-6 Salisbury Square
LONDON
UK EC4Y 8JX

www.oft.gov.uk

The OFT is a government department which oversee's trading practices to make sure that practices are fair and that consumers are protected.
The OFT issues licences to traders who will give credit and keeps a register of licenced credit dealers.
The OFT Cannot help an INDIVIDUAL customer with a consumer problem, but dose produce usfull leaflets giving information and advice.

The Metropolitan Police

The Metropolitaan Police, are obligated to help in major frauds and have got there own departments for such investigations. However I do not know personally what they class as a major fraud.

www.met.police.uk/fraudalert

I hope all that helps you guys out a bit, if only to go have a tour around them sites for a look yourselves.

Yours Truly

Mark aka MUGGSYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back