Incorrect VIN on all legal documents

Sterlings1002

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Just figured out that VIN number on all the legal documents including loan papers, is wrong. Thanks to new insurance company I just switched to, we've noticed that there's not a single document with the correct VIN number on it.

It all started with us trying to sell our camper... now that all the papers show wrong VIN, what are my options here? How do I even go about it?

Just figured out that VIN number on all the legal documents including loan papers, is wrong. Thanks to new insurance company I just switched to, we've noticed that there's not a single document with the correct VIN number on it.

It all started with us trying to sell our camper... now that all the papers show wrong VIN, what are my options here? How do I even go about it?

You can talk to a local lawyer for specific guidance, visit the motor vehicle licensing / titling agency in your state, talk to the dealer, contact the lender, continue to consult with your insurer.

Going forward, don't sign any incompete or incorrect documents.
You'll find untangling this mess to be very time consuming, if you ever get it all corrected.

If the title is wrong, visit your local DMV office. If the title is correct, the rest of the papers probably don't matter that much, or can be easily corrected.

If you are willing to pay for the service rather than deal with this headache on your own, look into title companies that will do this for you.
Google "auto title company" and you'll find a few options to get you started.

Back