Incorrect Registration

Cakite

Jurisdiction
Florida
I went to renew my auto registration online and was flagged as overdue by too many months and that I had to go into the office to register. When I got there the lady told me that the dealership had voided my original registration. My husbands name was first on the original title and therefore they used his birthday for the month tags were due. They changed the registration and put my name first making the tags due on my birthday which was 3 months earlier. Not only was I never notified and drove around for a year on an invalid registration I also drove 3 months with an expired registration. When I called the dealership the finance manager informed me the people I dealt with no longer worked there and too bad so sad move on. I asked for an explanation as to what happened and he said it did not matter those people were gone. I asked to have his supervisor call me as I felt like I deserved an explanation as to how this happened but no call. My question is am I due any funds back that I would have paid for the additional months of registration. How much trouble would I have been in if I would have been pulled over. I am being charged a 10.00 late fee which I can live with but am quite upset that they are not accountable for their actions. Do I have any legal recourse?
Thank you for your help

I am not clear exactly what your loss is here. Is it just $10 for the late fee?
If so, just pay it. It is far cheaper than any other option.
You won't get any compensation for things that might have happened.

Back