Breaking a Lease Incorrect name on a retail lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest555

I opened a business a while ago that is formally titled as an LLC. In February I signed a year long lease at a large mall for a cart. The mall has now decided to introduce new cart units and are making the tenants cover all costs against thier wills, as well as never telling us any plans of this upon signing. I am unable to cover these costs and wish to break my lease. The mall although huge put the incorrect business name on the lease and does not name me anywhere in the paperwork. Is the lease binding at this point or can I break it without repercussions. The mall has been very sneaky and backward up to this point and I have already shared my interest to leave. Other than 60 day notice is there any other options for me. At this point business is also so bad I wish to close and leave in a week. Please advise

I opened a business a while ago that is formally titled as an LLC. In February I signed a year long lease at a large mall for a cart. The mall has now decided to introduce new cart units and are making the tenants cover all costs against thier wills, as well as never telling us any plans of this upon signing. I am unable to cover these costs and wish to break my lease. The mall although huge put the incorrect business name on the lease and does not name me anywhere in the paperwork. Is the lease binding at this point or can I break it without repercussions. The mall has been very sneaky and backward up to this point and I have already shared my interest to leave. Other than 60 day notice is there any other options for me. At this point business is also so bad I wish to close and leave in a week. Please advise

There is no way that anyone could properly advise you without reading your lease.
We don't want you to post your ease here, or even discuss it.
I suggest you discuss your intentions with the landlord, or your own lawyer.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back