In Personam Jurisdiction

Job48

Jurisdiction
Maryland
I was pro se on my child custody/support case, I chose not to enter into in personam jurisdiction so I could express and lay out the case. However the Magistrate still imposed her position and I wrote Exceptions to her decision. I got the mail yesterday and it told me my Exceptions were denied because I didn't file a Certificate of Service. Can I appeal that decision or do I just have to file an Appeal? I ordered the transcript and DVDs but I didn't tell the court or my son's mother? What are my options now? What time frame do I have to file an Appeal with y'all explanations?

Get a lawyer. You are asking for "legal advice" that we can't give you here. You are so obviously clueless about the legal process that continuing on your own will be shooting yourself in the foot.

I chose not to enter into in personam jurisdiction so I could express and lay out the case. However the Magistrate still imposed her position and I wrote Exceptions to her decision.

I'm not sure what you think in personam jurisdiction means (or what it mean to enter (or not enter) "into in personam jurisdiction"). However, if you appear in and argued the case, you submitted to the court's jurisdiction.

Can I appeal that decision or do I just have to file an Appeal?

I don't really understand your question since you seem to be asking, "can I do X or do I have to do X." You certainly can file an appeal. You are not required to file an appeal. Whether it is appropriate to appeal the decision in question isn't apparent from your post.

I ordered the transcript and DVDs but I didn't tell the court or my son's mother?

Despite your use of a question mark this sentence is not a question. If you intended a question, I cannot discern what you intended to ask.

What are my options now?

Your options for what? It's not really clear what has happened up to this point.

What time frame do I have to file an Appeal with y'all explanations?

Appeals typically must be filed very quickly. Sixty days is common where I practice. Thirty days is common in some circumstances and places. I've even heard of some shorter deadlines.

You need to hire an attorney or spend some quality time at a law library.

Back