In need of some advice please for Dr. neglect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarrrOne

Hello, I am new here and need some advice on what I can or cannot do. I have been very sick with Kidney stones and I was recommended to a Urology Doctor whom said he needed to do emergancy surgery or I would loose my left kidney. I was told my kidney was very bad and fluid was blocked up in the left one. The Doctor did the surgery on Sept 6th and 3 days later I was so sick I thought I was going to die. My boyfriend took me to the emergancy room where they shot me up with Morphine and Tordone and said I needed to follow up with the Doctor who did the surgery and sent me home. The next morning I called and they told me to go to the Doctors office cause it could be the Stent in my Kidney that was making me so sick. The Doctor who did the surgery was not there so his partner took the stent out. The Doctor never called me to do a follow up or anything. I kept calling them letting them know I was feeling very sick. Was given advice by his workers there and nothing was done. They finally made an appointment for me to get a CT scan done and then scheduled for me to finally see the doctor. every single time I had my appointment they would have to cancel for what ever reason and reschedule. There was even one time where I went to my appointment just for them to tell me they are sorry but they forgot to call me because the doctor couldnt see me then and they had to reschedule again. All the time I would always tell them about my symtoms and how sick I felt. Nothing was done every time I spoke to them there. Then finally my boyfriend went to pick up disability papers that I asked the doctor to fill out and they wound up giving me my paperwork as well as another patients personal medical records... I have every personal thing about this person, even her social security. It is now November 1st and the doctor still has not seen me. I have been told by everyone I spoke to about this and they said this doctor was suppose to do at least a follow up or a call to see how I was feeling after the surgery. Nothing at all from this man and I am still sick and very very worried of losing my kidney. Please please tell me if I would have a case here to sue or see what can be done. Another thing here, I live in Fayetteville NC. and was told by a number of doctors that they wont treat me because I am being treated already by another doctor and they do not want to take the responsability of taking over from what this doctor started. I guess what they mean is if I die or something they dont want to be responsible for that. PLEASE someone tell me what else I can do. I was also told that those personal medical records I got from that lady, she can sue the crap out of that doctor cause that is a HIPA law violation they did. ANyone have advice for me please?????

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and hope you feel better soon. There unfortunately are people who are members of all professions who have the courtesy and care of a jungle scavenger.

To begin, you can't just sue someone for being a jerk if there aren't tangible damages you can sue for. I'm not sure this has happened. I don't know if the doctor is or is not supposed to do a follow up call. Did the doctor's assistants put down on your chart your symptoms? You may want to get a copy of your file for another opinion when really you are looking to see what is on your chart. What may be called for is to discuss this with someone who is a member of the medical association to report misconduct. I would prefer that people do NOT file complaints until they have had time to cool off and think about whether there truly has been a misconduct or there could have been misunderstandings, which is more frequently the case. This might not result in a lawsuit or you being compensated because the doctor was a jerk and careless, but you will get your pound of flesh and prevent such a doctor from negligently caring about others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back