Criminal Law In 2007 My Green Card Has Been Renewed For 10 Years Even With D Felony Charge Granted

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYERTOSH

I Had Renewed My Green Card In 2007 For 10 More Years, My Question Is I Have Been Charged In Ulster County New York On January 2005 Of Reckless Endangerment In The First Degree A Class D Felony With no Jail Time at all Only Probation for 6 months, For just Driving with my Car a little bit Reckless By Passing two times a double Yellow Line No Accident was involved at all nobody got hurt at all or any other thing happened, First the trooper give me Tickets for Reckless Driving, Passing a double Yellow Line, And for Speeding, Then after two weeks the court decided to Charged me with this Ridicules Of Reckless Endangerment In The First Degree, This was just a Ridicules Aggressive Power for Noting, And A Us Immigration Judge On February 2007 Granted Me The Green Card For 10 More Years Even With This Felony, Can I Now Apply For Us Citizenship With This D Felony Since The Conviction Is More Then 3 Years And I Have Never Been In Trouble With The Law Before And After This Conviction, Can I Apply For Us Citizenship To Get A Passport, Or if there is any Possibility to ask the Prosecutor to Reduce the Charge for a Misdemeanor. Thank You,

Last edited:
How can you ask the prosecutor to change the charges long after the case and after conviction? I'm not sure of the exact details, the sections you were charged with and their penalties. This is also not a minor issue and seems to be a crime involving moral turpitude, punishable by over 1 year in jail. My suggestion is that you should consider speaking to a lawyer. I don't know the circumstances of the renewal of your green card and, regardless, my understanding is that there is a five year window of good behavior that is typically required when applying for citizenship.

§ 120.25 Reckless endangerment in the first degree.
A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the first degree when,
under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he
recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to
another person.
Reckless endangerment in the first degree is a class D felony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back