IMPORTANT Ethics question involving County Admin. & Cheif LEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

somegirl

For fear of this being discovered, I am not posting the correct state. I am worried for my safety, and wondering what will happen and what I should do shall either of the two be formally discovered:

I am in a bit of a bind: I have been having an affair with a married man in law enforcement for the past year, he holds a respectable position in both political and legal values. He's quite known in my state, and currently holds a chief position in a part of Law Enforcement that grants jurisdiction anywhere. Anyway, he had just been hired for a position at a sheriffs dept. involving narcotics. I happened to come across his boss and spilled the beans out of ignorance, and he/she said that they needed to report it and fire him due to the fact it breaks the code of ethics/ oath. but his boss, is also a county admin. and wouldn't it be his/her job too if my "friend" were to know that he/she deals with lbs of an illegal substance per week (through a notorious motorcycle cub)? I am scared for my safety for the outcome of either direction. If he gets fired, he loses his 3 businesses, local respect, his family & house, and I will be a prime target for law enforcement to be leashed upon. Or his wife whom he claims would seek me out to provide intentional physical harm. and this County official also, would not be a very pleasant person to anger in such a regressing economy; i'm sure I would end up missing. What should I do in this case? I need and want to continue with total anonymity and I mentioned to him i met his boss, but denied I had said anything, but being in his nature, Im sure he knows I told this person something and that I am lying to him. . . Its been 3 days or so since I had told him who I had unexpectedly "met". No calls, texts or emails as of to date; and his ife knows he is up to something where as I have exchanged texts with her by accident and she immediately started with accusations of infidelity in which I just remained as a legitimate wrong number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back