Impersonating an Attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleSis

Is there a statute of limitations on impersonating an Attorney?

Information on the incident if needed:

This is so crazy that it's almost unbelievable , I can't believe someone would have the mind to even attempt such a thing. I'm sure his reason was / is the property is paid for and he would live rent free.

My two sisters and I were willed my mothers estate. My sisters were living in the two homes on the estate. Before my mothers death she and I talked about whether we would keep the estate or sell it and we both agreed that we would keep it unless one of us wanted to sell it. For some reason the decision was changed.

This is what was stated:

Any real property I may own is to be sold and the net proceeds divided
between my living children who survive me for 60 days or as \"AGREED by ALL
living beneficiaries\"

Comment:. .
I assumed AGREED by ALL living beneficiaries meant to agree to sell. Not in agreement to keep.

In a heated argument my brother in law slipped his tongue and told me if it wasn't for him I wouldn't even have the property. He told me that he dressed in a suit and carried a brief case and presented him self as the attorney of the estate and stopped the sell.

( I'm aware that my signature would be needed in agreement to stop the sell )

I don't know where he was when he did this. I'm not able to get this info from him for obvious reasons. It's been a period of time by the time I found out. I wish to find out if there is a statute of limitations so I can proceed action against him

Thank you for your time.

Little Sis..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back