IME notice by Worker Compensation

nopinoni

Jurisdiction
New York
Hello -

I recently have received an another (second) IME notice by worker compensation. Should I ignore it? I still feel pain on my both knees. I'm worry they will end my medical treatment after this exam. please help. Thank you.

Hello -

I recently have received an another (second) IME notice by worker compensation. Should I ignore it? I still feel pain on my both knees. I'm worry they will end my medical treatment after this exam. please help. Thank you.

If you believe you're not being treated properly, hire a workers comp attorney.

Talk to a couple workers comp lawyers Monday and you'll learn how to protect your rights.

If you believe you're not being treated properly, hire a workers comp attorney.

Talk to a couple workers comp lawyers Monday and you'll learn how to protect your rights.

I was not being treated properly. They only approved three months of physical therapy. My doctor had submitted three or four requests, but get denial. I will find a Worker Comp attorney and see.
Thanks. I appreciate it your advise.

I'm so worry that their doctor will try to fail me and end my treatment.

You are right to worry. IME means independent medical examination but there is nothing independent about it. The insurance company pays for it and the doctors that do them are beholden to the insurance companies.

I know that I'm not fully recover, because I did not get proper treatment.

Then I agree that you should be talking to a WC lawyer.

What AJ is saying is not true in all states, to say the least. But it is true that ignoring the request is about the worst thing you could do. Certainly talk to a WC lawyer.

GO TO THE EXAM!!! In zero states is it a good idea to skip the exam. The only question is how bad it will be if you fail to go. Be honest. If you are saying you aren't healed yet and still need treatment, tell the IME doctor. IMEs are used for a variety of reasons and one is to assess is there is a need for continuing care. The IC isn't going to just keep authorizing treatment without an independent assessment.

You can speak to an attorney, but to be totally honest, at this point, if they haven't denied anything, there isn't anything to discuss with an attorney. An attorney will make it much more complicated for you to get direct information about your claim. The adjuster will no longer be able to speak with you directly about your case. You will have to ask your attorney to call them, then wait for the attorney to call you back with the answers. If you run into problems obtaining treatment sure, an attorney can be that middleman, but it would not be my first choice. If you are not sure you are getting appropriate treatment, you can ask your adjuster for a nurse case manager.

GO TO THE EXAM!!! In zero states is it a good idea to skip the exam. The only question is how bad it will be if you fail to go. Be honest. If you are saying you aren't healed yet and still need treatment, tell the IME doctor. IMEs are used for a variety of reasons and one is to assess is there is a need for continuing care. The IC isn't going to just keep authorizing treatment without an independent assessment.

You can speak to an attorney, but to be totally honest, at this point, if they haven't denied anything, there isn't anything to discuss with an attorney. An attorney will make it much more complicated for you to get direct information about your claim. The adjuster will no longer be able to speak with you directly about your case. You will have to ask your attorney to call them, then wait for the attorney to call you back with the answers. If you run into problems obtaining treatment sure, an attorney can be that middleman, but it would not be my first choice. If you are not sure you are getting appropriate treatment, you can ask your adjuster for a nurse case manager.

Ok I will look into that. Thank you for the advice.

Can anyone provide a tips (do & don't) before I go in? I appreciate it very much.

You appear, answer questions when asked, explain your lingering medical issues/concerns related to your medical problem.

The physician will examine you and write a report for the workers comp agency and insurer.

If you think more treatment is required, you explain why.

You should have also spoken to (and retained) a workers comp attorney to make sure you are treated properly.

You appear, answer questions when asked, explain your lingering medical issues/concerns related to your medical problem.

The physician will examine you and write a report for the workers comp agency and insurer.

If you think more treatment is required, you explain why.

You should have also spoken to (and retained) a workers comp attorney to make sure you are treated properly.

Thank you! Should I record the exam? Or am I allow to? I don't have anyone accompany me for the appointment.

Thank you! Should I record the exam? Or am I allow to? I don't have anyone accompany me for the appointment.

Why on earth would you wish to record the exam?

I wouldn't, but I'm not the boss of you, mate.

If you feel uncomfortable being examined alone with a physician, you can ask for a chaperone (another medical person) to be in the room to make sure there is no HANKY PANKY.

Back