I'm still a private after 30 months of active service.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas
FORT HOOD — Fort Hood officials on Tuesday released the name of a soldier who was found unresponsive March 1 at his Fort Hood residence.

Pvt. Colton Everett Vassar, 29, whose home of record is listed as Arlington, Texas, entered active-duty military service in October 2015 as a Bradley Fighting Vehicle system maintainer and was assigned to 9th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division since April 2016.

Vassar deployed in support of the Republic of Korea rotation from July 2017 through February 2018.

His awards and decorations include a National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korean Defense Service Medal and the Army Service Ribbon.

No photo was available at this time. Circumstances surrounding this incident are currently under investigation.
Soldier found unresponsive at Fort Hood residence identified

Hmm...just got back from Korea and a PVT almost 3 years in...smh. He probably went to Korea as a SPC...some people. Hope it was worth it.

Hmm...just got back from Korea and a PVT almost 3 years in...smh. He probably went to Korea as a SPC...some people. Hope it was worth it.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I rarely see any E2 PVTS (never observed a "slick sleeve E1) on Hood.

The ones I do see have usually been busted.

Back