I'm just wondering what I can do

Cswindle

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My dorm was having a fire drill and I was in the shower. I hopped out because I heard the alarm and beating on my door. I wrapped a towel around myself and peeped my head out of the door and say that everyone was going to the road. I shut my door and started to take my towel off when I heard a beating on my door. It was one of the male RAs that lives on the male dominated floor of my dorm. He said "come on out its a fire drill!" I said, " ok I'll be right there I'm getting dressed." He opened my door and said, "come on out there is a fire drill!" I said, "I'm getting dressed please shut my door!" He opened the door further and looked at me. I said, "get out of my room now!" He shut the door and left me alone at hat point. I went down and asked my female RA why she was not doing the checks upstairs since it was a girls floor and she was a girl. She said that she would talk to the RD and see what they could do. The RD got back to her and she said to tell me that they were sorry that that happened and that they were sorry that they made me uncomfortable and that they would talk to the male RA about boundaries. I'm just wondering what kind of legal standings I have and if what the male RA did was against the law?
I go to a private college by the way.
Thank you.

My dorm was having a fire drill and I was in the shower. I hopped out because I heard the alarm and beating on my door. I wrapped a towel around myself and peeped my head out of the door and say that everyone was going to the road. I shut my door and started to take my towel off when I heard a beating on my door. It was one of the male RAs that lives on the male dominated floor of my dorm. He said "come on out its a fire drill!" I said, " ok I'll be right there I'm getting dressed." He opened my door and said, "come on out there is a fire drill!" I said, "I'm getting dressed please shut my door!" He opened the door further and looked at me. I said, "get out of my room now!" He shut the door and left me alone at hat point. I went down and asked my female RA why she was not doing the checks upstairs since it was a girls floor and she was a girl. She said that she would talk to the RD and see what they could do. The RD got back to her and she said to tell me that they were sorry that that happened and that they were sorry that they made me uncomfortable and that they would talk to the male RA about boundaries. I'm just wondering what kind of legal standings I have and if what the male RA did was against the law?
I go to a private college by the way.
Thank you.

Nope, not illegal. He was doing his job by insisting you leave. Wasting time in an emergency to inspect floors by gender is a luxury that puts all in danger. The door was unlocked and if it has been an actual emergency, I promise you the first responders are not going to give a hoot your gender or state of dress.

Back