illegally selling counterfits on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rye111

Just got busted on eBay for selling fake sewn NFL jerseys. Received a letter from a law firm representing Adidas demanding that I surrender all illegal jerseys, provide my wholesaler, and pay a $750 fine in a week. What are my rights here if I have any? I know I was selling fake jerseys, but how does Adidas know that? There is no way of knowing from the picture of the items. There are many other sellers doing the same thing and they have thousands of feedbacks supporting this. I mirrored my auctions from these seller's auctions. Same type of wording and pictures. I think I sold a total of 20 jerseys over a 10 day period. Wouldn't sending in the jerseys and paying the fine admit to my guilt and possibly set me up for a lawsuit down the road? What do you guys think? Thanks.

Sorry to hear about the problem.

Did you get a letter to your address? I'm wondering if someone who bought the jersey's actually worked for the law firm.

With regard to your conclusions, yes, you're correct about the lawsuit issue. Let's not even talk about a "fine" and surrendering whatever it is they think you may have. Unless they had some type of agreement that said that whatever exchange you have made is a settlement of all issues, there would be nothing preventing them from suing you later.

I'm not sure what to do without knowing more but perhaps laying low might be a good idea. They might not even bother following up since a cease and desist is likely what they are ultimately after from a guy selling less than 2 dozen jerseys. Let us know how things turn out and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back