Illegal search & seizure

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonMomRobbed

My two and a half year old daughter was taken out of my home, against my will with no documentation whatsoever by a child welfare worker with the assistance of two police officers. One of the officers (a corporal) got aggressive with me, stepped into my face and began counting at me while my baby held onto me. When I asked who his supervisor was, he responded by throwing his business card at me. Which hit me in my face and said "Call somebody, report me." This is absolutely wrong. What do I do?

If you are unhappy with the officer's conduct then go to the local office and make a formal complaint. If you don't put a complaint in writing don't expect it to go far. It may not go far anyway, but that is your option.

As for your daughter, there likely is documentation that you simply are not aware of. Before social services removes a child they must first submit a petition to the court and obtain permission to do so. The process surely varies by state, but there certainly is documentation, and they should have given you instructions for attending a hearing regarding what will happen next.

If you think you are in danger of permanently losing custody of your child then contact a local attorney or whatever local legal aid resources you can find available so you can determine how to resolve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back