Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant illegal search and seizure????please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargirl

My boyfriend and I were at a local coffee shop over a month ago. When we walked out to leave we noticed about 3-4 cop cars surrounding my boyfriends car, including a K-9 unit. We left in my car and later I drove by to see what was going on. They had the doors, the hood, and the trunk opened and a tow truck was gearing up to take the car.We found out about a week later through his attorney that someone said they saw him snorting something so a local beat cop came to investigate. My boyfriend and I we in the coffee shop at the time and I guess the cop looked into the car and saw powdered sugar from my boyfriends doenut addiction and assumed it was cocaine, which it wasn't, called the dogs, etc. and they found about 3/4 of a pound of marijuana in the trunk. They took the car and a couple of weeks later, my boyfriend got a call from the impound lot that he needed to come and get his car and that they impounded it for abandedment.??? He got his car (without the marijuana of coarse) and now it has been over a month and the is no arrest warrent, and we have not heard anything. We are kind of going crazy because he has a good attorney but not one to let you know what to expect or even one to return his calls.
I guess what I need help with is just getting some advice about this situation. Does this sound like an illegal search? Since it has been this long and he is not arrested, do you think maybe they know they screwed up??Or even some advice on what to expect, please, please, please. Thank you, stargirl

hello???help!,fire!,read me

Well maybe not fire, but I learned in Elementary school if you are in danger and need someone's help, they'll come if they hear "fire!!!"
Will someone knowledgeable of the law and illegal search and seizure please respond.thanks, stargirl:eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back