Finance, Investments illegal hold on bank accont

Jurisdiction
British Columbia
my banking problem started with the td bank putting a hold on my account with out my knowledge general bank procedure in the case of security breach on my account which never happened is to contact bank cfustomer bank has my email and both home and mobile phone numbers it never happened
i found out about the hold on my account when grocery shopping in busy grocery store
first inline put my debit in machine declined 3 times people lined up behind me you have to relate to this
embarassing situation caused by the bank money in my account i was vconfused and embarassed i went to
a bank machine at walmart declined 3 times my groceries put on hold my sister drove me to bank
the bank told me there was suspected security breach on my account so with out notifying me the just went ahead and put a hold on my chequing account i cleared up with phone call from my branch to haed office
that there was no breach of security i answered all their questions but could not answer my simple question why the bank security did not notify me upon suspected breach there was no response i have written emails to bank and talked to bank personel i asked for$500 for compensation for embarassement the bank caused me for their negligence by not cotacting me email phone or both to avoid this embarrassin situation
what legal rights do i have for compensation thank you Sandor Nemeth

You are not likely owed anything, and less likely to ever see a penny of what you demand.
What you described here has been common procedure for at least 20 years. That you were embarrassed about your credit being declined does not mean you are owed anything at all.
You have no actual damages.

what legal rights do i have for compensation thank you Sandor Nemeth

None of our regular posters has acknowledged any understanding regarding Canadian federal or provincial law.

This website focuses primarily on the laws of the USA, its states, and territories.

Even in Canada common sense would dictate that you be prepared for this kind of financial contingency by having a credit card and/or cash with you for emergencies.

Back