illegal eviction month to month

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I entered an agreement with Haven Realty Group LLC. to rent a room on a month to month basis. The manager and I are disputing about my rights. The manager was caught stealing money from some of the tenants and also me. I approached his supervisor about it. Now he claims that I have multiple complaints about disturbing the other tenants. But he has never given me any written notices of such disturbances. He has now asked me to leave in 2 weeks. I know this is illegal but my concern is that the agreement states that I must leave immediately for any violation which I signed off on way before this has happen. My question does the Law for Month to Month in Henry co. Ga. still apply even though I signed the agreement. Even though he never gave my any written notices of any type of disturbances?

He has now asked me to leave in 2 weeks.

he can ask.
You can refuse.
If he wants you evicted he must serve you notice to vacate, if you choose not to vacate, then he must go to court and file a case to evict you.

Once he files a deputy or other official will serve you (he might serve you by certified mail, you must then appear in court, or choose to leave before the court formally evicts you.

Know this, once an eviction is filed against you, your chances to ever rent DECENT housing (even access public housing) will be gone for decades!

the agreement states that I must leave immediately for any violation which I signed off on way before this has happen.

I suggest you discuss whatever it is you agreed to in the lease with an attorney or a legal aid office.

does the Law for Month to Month in Henry co. Ga. still apply even though I signed the agreement.

Probably, but you need to confirm that with a lawyer near you or a legal aid office.

Remember, you don't want to have a formal eviction on your record, as it will negatively impact you for 20-30 or more years!

You might wish to consider leaving voluntarily so this doesn't make it impossible for you get decent housing until 2050 or later, if ever in some cases.

he can ask.
You can refuse.
If he wants you evicted he must serve you notice to vacate, if you choose not to vacate, then he must go to court and file a case to evict you.

Once he files a deputy or other official will serve you (he might serve you by certified mail, you must then appear in court, or choose to leave before the court formally evicts you.

Know this, once an eviction is filed against you, your chances to ever rent DECENT housing (even access public housing) will be gone for decades!

I suggest you discuss whatever it is you agreed to in the lease with an attorney or a legal aid office.

Probably, but you need to confirm that with a lawyer near you or a legal aid office.

Remember, you don't want to have a formal eviction on your record, as it will negatively impact you for 20-30 or more years!

You might wish to consider leaving voluntarily so this doesn't make it impossible for you get decent housing until 2050 or later, if ever in some cases.
Thanks you've been somewhat of a help Lol Your Funny Army Judge. I believe in standing up for what's right and wrong I see you Lol No lawyer I'm hung. SMH

He has now asked me to leave in 2 weeks. I know this is illegal

Might not be illegal. The statutes aren't all that clear but there is some case law:

Unless required by the lease, a landlord is not required to provide notice, as such, prior to filing a dispossessory proceeding. However, the landlord must demand possession of the premises prior to commencing a dispossessory proceeding. Ga. Code Ann. § 44-7-50(a) (Supp. 2000). The demand for possession does not need to contain any special language as long as the landlord clearly demands that the tenant relinquish possession of the premises. Stephens v. Hous. Auth., 293 S.E.2d 53, 53 (Ga. Ct. App. 1982) ("[Ga. Code Ann. § 44-7-50] does not require that this demand be in any certain form . . . ."). The demand for possession may be written or oral. Sandifer v. Long Investors, Inc., 440 S.E.2d 479, 482 (Ga. Ct. App. 1994).

https://us.eversheds-sutherland.com...Rr9tObDdEuapCo0!/fileUpload.name=/georgia.pdf

It's up to you if you want to ignore the demand for possession and fight it out in court. Just understand that, if they want you out, eventually you'll be out. And, as Army Judge notes, an eviction on your record would be detrimental.

Back