Negligence, Other Injury If someone borrows something and it gets stolen from them who is responsible by law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tj Johnson

Jurisdiction
US Federal Law
The gears on my bike were not working properly so I took it to a friend and asked if they could repair it. They fixed and adjusted the gears on my bike so that they worked properly. They wanted to try the bike out on a ride with some friends. I told them that this was acceptable. The bike was stolen off their third floor apartment balcony where the bike was unlocked. What are the principles of law that apply and who is responsible?

The gears on my bike were not working properly so I took it to a friend and asked if they could repair it. They fixed and adjusted the gears on my bike so that they worked properly. They wanted to try the bike out on a ride with some friends. I told them that this was acceptable. The bike was stolen off their third floor apartment balcony where the bike was unlocked. What are the principles of law that apply and who is responsible?

You're in the PI.
We know nothing about the laws of your island nation.
Good luck.

The law of Bailment.

You're asking about US law. You can study up on Bailment at:

Bailment - Wikipedia

Bailment - Everything2.com

You can google Bailment Philippines to see how it works in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back