Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial If Inmate Is Indicted Does Bond Go Up or Down Or ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

What happens to the bond amount set if a defendant/inmate is indicted? There has already been a bond reduction hearing and I won't be able to post bond until after the grand jury meets.. If my hubby is indicted does bond usually go up or stay the same? His case is weak and we think he can beat it, however I cannot post bond until after they indictment date, could this affect the bond amount? Thank You for your input..

The indictment will not affect the bond amount. If the Grand Jury returns a "no bill" indictment then he will be released because there is no case. If the Grand Jury returns a bill of indictment it is like a formal charge. Your bond amount ASSUMES he is going to be indicted. Understand? So you are fine, there will be no increase in bond unless he is indicted on more charges than he was originally arrested on.

Thank you so much Jharris. I appreciate your replies to ding dongs like me that can only hope to get answers or some direction while in a desperate situation. Thank You again. Sincerely, Miss Cherokee..

Sweetie, do NOT feel like a "ding dong" for not understanding law. Lawyers (who write the laws) intentionally make them as confusing as possible as a means of solidifying their place in society. If law was easy, they would be out of a job!

hahaha, How true! I should learn Latin and read this forum everyday, then maybe I would not feel so idiotic concerning the peoples courtroom. I wonder why we, the people, allow such things? If citizens can't understand the law, how can they be expected to know the law? Just food for thought. You are so right. Thank You. You made me feel much better.- Sincerely, Miss Cherokee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back