If I file a complaint in the midst of a settlement agreement, can retaliation follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh4476

I am in the midst of paying on a settlement agreement that was negotiated with a 'lawyer' working on behalf of a credit card company.

I have proof of a couple major ethical issues, such as ignoring cease and desist letters in contacting other family members about my debt. (Completely ignored 2 letters and made in excess of 20 calls to my parents after letters were received to harrass them for information.) More importantly, I have proof that they tried to scam me, changing the terms of the settlement agreement that was negotiated and even originally shown to me in writing. Luckily, they made a minor mistake, and I was able to call them on their attempt at scamming me and force them to validate the original agreement.

If I pursue complaints against them for violating debt collection laws and acting dishonestly, do I risk retaliation since the settlement agreement is still open? Will they be able to connect a complaint with the bar association or attorney general directly to me and make my life more miserable? They are the worst liars I have ever met - and not good at it either.

I wish they could be held accountable, but it is more important to me that they are not able to screw me over any worse than they already have tried to.

Lawyers don't negotiate to settle old debts. Lawyers can make more money representing defendants in traffic court.

You were probably dealing with a scum sucking, debt collecting, bottom feeding con-artist, making $8.00/hour conning innocent people like you into paying old debts. The debts had long ago been written off by the original creditor.

These parasites bought old paper for two to four cents on the dollar. They then pretend to be attorneys to scare their victims into paying 30-50% of the written off debt.

Get the picture? If you dealt with an attorney, it had probably been disbarred.

Some attorneys rent their name to assist the shysters in working their scam. Do some Internet research. Google the "attorney's " name and see what you discover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back