1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

If Alimony was rewarded but never collected, can it still be done? What do I need to do?

Discussion in 'Alimony & Spousal Support' started by Kim p, Mar 30, 2016.

  1. Kim p

    Kim p Law Topic Starter Guest

    My ex husband kicked our daughter out 2 weeks before she turned 18 and a month after she started her senior year of high school. He turned his back on her to fend for herself because he got a "new family." The judge awarded me alimony for 7 years but he never paid it and I didn't enforce it. Now, I need it to help her. What can I do?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    Your only remedy is to continue to seek enforcement of any judgment available to you for the child support monies allegedly owed to you.

    I suggest you start that process immediately.
    It will take time and might not be as fruitful as you wish, but keeping it alive is your only hope of punishing him to help your daughter.

    Realize that you won't collect anything ever if you don't pursue any remedies available to you.

    As far as what the deadbeat may have done months ago, nothing much will come of that now. So, let it go, but don't let the child support owed to you go.

Share This Page