I would like to sue aspira child services for ruining my life.

G

Grant

Jurisdiction
California
Yeah i dont know how this works but the title says enough. I feel like i was givin an extremely shitty chance at life because of this unhelpful child agency. I was not taught the correct means to survive in this country emotionally and physically. Instead i was constantly emasculated and told i was a lazy shit. Say this enough times to a 6yo and he'll start believing it. Ive been in foster care all my life or as far as i can remember. I had been moved around alot because i didnt know too much from right or wrong and since had been "expected" to know so. I had been diagnosed with anxiety and manic depression because i never felt like i was apart of a family. Friends helped me feel indifferent about things but eventually i was turned from my own real family and barely feel any remorse about it. Years of stcking it out i eventually get kicked out on my ass at 21 with a restraining order placed on me by the last foster home i was in. Then an ungodly title placed on me that cant get me a decent job country in this country at all. But that last part was my fault for not being able to control my anger. I dont know if i can take legal action for any of this, but i dont really care. Aspira is a horrible agency that does absolutely no good back ground checks on the foster homes they put you in. You feel like you're not even a real person half the time because theres so much neglect and favoritism of their own families vs you. Now im fucked all over and cant even love correctly because a couple of assholes didnt teach me how.

Yeah, some people blame their crappy parents, too.
I suggest you seek counseling.
I've been told it can help, as can psychiatric or psychological services.
Other than the appropriate therapy, therapist, and the very hard work you must do; that's the only way you can improve your life.

The good news, mate, you've identified your problem.

Now it's up to you how you begin remediating and rehabilitating yourself.

It isn't the agency's fault you were born into a dysfunctional family. It is not their fault you had bad experiences in foster care. Unfortunately, there are just not enough homes for all the kids who's parents can't or won't raise them. If you are an adult, any failings are your own at this point. If you are unable to function as needed to hold a job, not commit crimes, and have healthy relationships you need to do what others do and seek counseling. If you have anxiety and depression, you need to seek treatment for that as you would any other medical conditions.

Instead of worrying about suing the agency, take care of yourself & seek counseling/treatment.

Back