I was not arrested

Minnie pearl

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
I was out of town I lied to my husband and rented a hotel for the night. When my stay was over it started snowing really bad so I pulled over at a gas station that was well lit got a soda went back to my vehicle to wait for snow to ease up or find an excuse as to why I'm not coming home I was tired bored my keys weren't in ignition I had dose off woke up to a flashlight in my face rolled down window asked is there a problem and was asked if I was drunk I said no I wasn't I blew a clean test then three more cops show up one really amps up in intensity asking if I had hit a guardrail and left the scene I reply truthfully no my 17 yr old wrecked my car a couple weeks before he says he's an accident expert I'm lying why am I in town I say I needed time from home he asked for my phone called my husband and told him I was not where I told him I was and had been with someone in town . They gave me field sobriety I passed still insisting I'm breaking some law he goes and gets my laptop looks through it tells me it would be best for my life if I threw the laptop away since it seemed to be causing issues in my marriage then he took me back to the hotel I stayed in the night before and walked me into the room took my truck keys and said they would be returned next morning never aressted me never gave me a ticket they searched my truck doing a tiny piece of what looked like maraujana I had a case of beer in the back of my car not opened it was an import I'd never saw at home so I purchased it and they confiscated it the next day I got back to my truck I was told I was to appear in court for this crumb of supposed pot so I went to court the court apt attorney told me take a diversion and I'd be on supervised probation with monthly fines and drug screens all screens paid by me I was never aressted never read my rights how is this possible I being new to trouble of any kind did what the appointed lawyer told me now this is wear it gets interesting I completed everything moved on with life I just got a letter from a class action lawsuit over the city extorting people for probation fees and fines even jail time if fines couldn't be paid they've agreed to a settlement of 14million 300.000$ and I'm being asked to enter in the case because I qualify how did this happen was it illegal what they did to me did they extort me and involve my husband who was home two hours away I wasn't breaking the law was I I'd like to know a legal opinion about this incident.

If you have questions about the lawsuit and the practices of the city ask the law firm that contacted you about the lawsuit.

Good luck.

The scenario you describe raises many concerns about police conduct. You did not help yourself by being so agreeable at the time.
How long ago did this all occur?

In any future posts, please make a better effort to use something resembling proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write. Also, paragraph breaks help.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure what to make of your questions. How did all this happen? What's the point of a question like that. As far as your question about legality, while the events you described sound odd, nothing strikes me as inherently illegal. If you have questions about a class action lawsuit, feel free to call whomever sent you the letter and ask whatever questions you like.

You don't have to be arrested to be charged. I suggest you deal with your attorney and not an Internet forum. You sound like a real winner.

As noted above,your posts is somewhat difficult to read,but I gather you were issued a ticket for the "crumb,"as you call it of pot that was found in you vehicle.On that note,you may have had an issue with the search being lawful,but it doesn't appear you attorney though so,or if he did,the court didn't agree with it.
I do find the conduct of police involved a bit suspicious,and the letter you received from this law firm,stating that "you qualify,'for a settlement as part of the city "extorting people for probation fees and fines,"is something that is definitely worth consulting with the firm's attorneys about.
As far as you not being arrested,in the sense that you were not taken to jail,you did receive a ticket for the possession charge,so that part was valid,and not being arrested,irrelevant.

I was out of town I lied to my husband and rented a hotel for the night. When my stay was over it started snowing really bad so I pulled over at a gas station that was well lit got a soda went back to my vehicle to wait for snow to ease up or find an excuse as to why I'm not coming home I was tired bored my keys weren't in ignition I had dose off woke up to a flashlight in my face rolled down window asked is there a problem and was asked if I was drunk I said no I wasn't I blew a clean test then three more cops show up one really amps up in intensity asking if I had hit a guardrail and left the scene I reply truthfully no my 17 yr old wrecked my car a couple weeks before he says he's an accident expert I'm lying why am I in town I say I needed time from home he asked for my phone called my husband and told him I was not where I told him I was and had been with someone in town . They gave me field sobriety I passed still insisting I'm breaking some law he goes and gets my laptop looks through it tells me it would be best for my life if I threw the laptop away since it seemed to be causing issues in my marriage then he took me back to the hotel I stayed in the night before and walked me into the room took my truck keys and said they would be returned next morning never aressted me never gave me a ticket they searched my truck doing a tiny piece of what looked like maraujana I had a case of beer in the back of my car not opened it was an import I'd never saw at home so I purchased it and they confiscated it the next day I got back to my truck I was told I was to appear in court for this crumb of supposed pot so I went to court the court apt attorney told me take a diversion and I'd be on supervised probation with monthly fines and drug screens all screens paid by me I was never aressted never read my rights how is this possible I being new to trouble of any kind did what the appointed lawyer told me now this is wear it gets interesting I completed everything moved on with life I just got a letter from a class action lawsuit over the city extorting people for probation fees and fines even jail time if fines couldn't be paid they've agreed to a settlement of 14million 300.000$ and I'm being asked to enter in the case because I qualify how did this happen was it illegal what they did to me did they extort me and involve my husband who was home two hours away I wasn't breaking the law was I I'd like to know a legal opinion about this incident.

Call another lawyer - if this story is even true.

Back