Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft I was charged with Petit Larceny, What will my penalty be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelinad

Today I went to walmart and stole $52.28 of stuff. I was caught and Wal*marts policy is that they have to have the cops come and arrest you if it is over $25, which it was. I was arrested, taken to the police station, finiger printed, had my picture taken, etc. They let me go without bail and gave me a ticket to appear in court on December 29th, 2009. Which is about three weeks from now. I am 18 years old and this was my first offense. I was charged with Class A Petit Larceny. I realize how incredibly stupid I was to do this and it was a HUGE mistake! I was wondering if you could tell me what kind of penalty I will get? Will I have to serve jail time? Will I have to pay a fine? How much? What will happen if I don't have a lawyer with me? and Should I plea guilty? I live at home, do you think I should tell my mother?

No kail time.... you will be on probation and pay fines... maybe do some community service. Length of probation and amount of fines is up to the judge.... I would expect 6-12 months probation and fines rangine from 100-500. When you go to court you will be given opportunity to request a court appointed lawyer free of charge. The lawyer will help you decide how to plea in court.

Tell your mom the truth.

When you talk to a Lawyer ask them if Diversion is available in your county. that will be your best option. Its not what you will get it what you can deal to get. You still have some control in this. Try the link in my signature line it will take you to a forum just for shoplifting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back