I want to marry my best friend (same sex marriage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Jurisdiction
European Union
Hi ! Me and my bestfriend that both lives in different country (Me an northern Africa and him in Belgium).

Even though we have no sexual attraction regarding each others, we want to get married (me traveling with a tourist visa and straightly go to the city hall), this idea was born from thoughts such as our desire of being roomates and of working together, and also for me to have the European nationality if the marriage lasts for 3 years. In addition, being married would help us in the financial side (pay less taxes, receive financial aid from the belgium state itself...)

So this seems a perfect idea isn't it ? But second thought let me to think about a scenario that my friend would become an evil and demoniac person and decide to break the arrangement 1 month before the 3 years goal just to piss me off or even threaten me of doing it in exchange of money, but I don't think will happen because it just seems too unexpected from him, he has nothing to win from it a part maybe money and losing a friend.

So here I came seeking for the existence of something in the law about something to agree on, that would prevent him from doing so, or even maybe, him, kind off weekining himself, give me laverage against him which will play the role assurance.

Also, I came here for another need, and it is about prenuptial agreement, (not divide assets after a divorce) should it be done before or after the marriage ? And could it be done by ourselves ? And If it's possible, How ?

I'm sorry, but this board focuses on US law, which is not the same as European law.

This is very simple, no matter where you might live on this planet.

Human beings marry for thousands of reasons.

I won't list the reasons, as most are obvious.

All the civilized nations on Earth have legalized marriage, and organized religions have solemnized it.

Marriage, much like everything in life, even though it may be legalized (some people simply choose to live together) very often ends in ways the married couple could never forsee.

All I can tell you OP is no one can predict the future.
All we can do is make the best of the moment.
After all, the things that worry, frustrate, and puzzle you about marriage might never come to fruition.
Remember, we all will die one day.
From the moment you took your first breath, you (as was I) were on a trajectory that ends in our last breath.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but know this, life will always throw you the unexpected, whether that be good or bad, the only thing anyone can say about life is that we all will eventually suffer the same fate; death!!!

Marriages purporting to be "platonic":

Platonic marriage carries legal risks

Marriage - WikiMili, The Free Encyclopedia

Family reunion visas in Belgium: joining a relative or partner

Yes, it seems to be...

And what this means ? How can they verify for sure the validity of the marriage if we've been living together, sharing spendings, and YES I forgot to notice, he has been living 14 years here in my country and he has the double nationality, and we'll basically live like a couple in a platonic relationship.

Last edited:
And what this means ? How can they verify for sure the validity of the marriage if we've been living together, sharing spendings, and YES I forgot to notice, he has been living 14 years here in my country and he has the double nationality, and we'll basically live like a couple in a platonic relationship.
It means NOTHING. This forum is for US law matters only. What you are seeing above is just "chit-chat"

You will need to read through the link I sent you to learn that. I simply posted it to let you know that fraudulent marriages are on the radar in your home country.

Okay, since this is not a matter of US law there's no reason for this to remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back