I want to get custody of my nephew from his father

godwilling

3 years ago me, my wife, her father, and our nephews father all had a family intervention taking my nephew from his mother.at the time both his mother and father were homeless and addicted to drugs. we probably should have just called CPS but felt it was a last case scenario not wanting him to end up in foster care. when we got him he was malnourished pale the clothes and toys they brought for him were covered in urine and you was not potty trained he was 8 at the time. we had him for the three years and then had CPS take our kids for a misdemeanor neglect and our nephew because he was not our illegal child. our kids are back home now after only 3 months I've been home for 4 months and the cases going to be finished at the end of the month. my question is will we be able to bring our nephew back home even though the CPS caseworker has not been cooperating with us about it. should we get a lawyer would anything help us in this situation. we love him and just want what's best for him and his life any help thank you!

Think about what you posted. Please forgive me, as I don't wish to be mean or judgmental. But, you tried to help a relative, and you also lost your children.

I suggest you focus on reunifying your own children and let the state care for your nephew.

When children are neglected, harmed, or abused; helping the children get better is the goal.

You are facing your demons, and it appears you are on the way to recovery. So, focus only on your family unit. Your nephew will be just fine.

You need to let CPS take care of your nephew (do what is best for your nephew). You may love him but he isn't your child & CPS will see that he is cared for.

3 years ago me, my wife, her father, and our nephews father all had a family intervention taking my nephew from his mother.at the time both his mother and father were homeless and addicted to drugs. we probably should have just called CPS but felt it was a last case scenario not wanting him to end up in foster care. when we got him he was malnourished pale the clothes and toys they brought for him were covered in urine and you was not potty trained he was 8 at the time. we had him for the three years and then had CPS take our kids for a misdemeanor neglect and our nephew because he was not our illegal child. our kids are back home now after only 3 months I've been home for 4 months and the cases going to be finished at the end of the month. my question is will we be able to bring our nephew back home even though the CPS caseworker has not been cooperating with us about it. should we get a lawyer would anything help us in this situation. we love him and just want what's best for him and his life any help thank you!

Hon, you had your kids removed by CPS. I'd be absolutely astonished if the boy was returned to you. Your children were taken.

Back