Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication I Uknowingly Sold an Energy Drink that Contained Alcohol to a Minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEIDRA

FIRST OFF, THIS HAPPENED IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA.

I sold AN energy drink ( that I did not know had liquor in it) to a minor. I did not ask for I.D. because I did not even ring it up as an alcholic beverage and the register did not prompt me.
The officer stated it was my fault for not knowing about the product...

1. I am a female who worked the night shift alone and who did not stock the beer and other beverages because of the dangers of going in the coolers at night.
2. After I was fired, the same night, and a few weeks later my manager stated that I could actually get my job back because I did not attend the class offered by the local beer factory on selling to minors. She has even called the state attorney on my behalf. I was employed at this store for less than a month, I even started under harsh circumstances included starting 7 days after the death of my father(which happened to be his birthday) because I feared loosing this position.
3. I was arrested just a few days shy of being 21 myself, I had never seen or heard of such a thing, as these types of energy drinks look EXACTLY LIKE REGULAR ENERGY DRINKS.

I am a college student with a clean record. I have received many honors and accomplished a lot in my 21 years on this earth including forming a non-profit organization for young adults. This misdemenor will definately tarnish my record.

I need to know if I have a solid case. Does anyone think that I can fight this?
How much does it cost to have this removed from my record, can it be removed? If my employer admitted that I could have my job back and even called the state attorney on my behalf, shouldnt the selling of alcohol to a minor be contributed to the neglegance of the employer for failing to properly train me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back