I think my wife is having an affair

Status
Not open for further replies.

esadah

I wanted to know if it was legal for me to look in her email? It is from my computer that she uses sometimes and I do have her password.

In some states it might not be legal for you to access her acfount with the password.

Even if it IS legal, if she finds out, and she is NOT having an affair, the end result may be the same.

If there is no trust left, then maybe it's time to call it quits anyway.

- Carl

My suggestion would be sit down and talk. No accusations just talk about feelings. If need be and both parties want to save marriage perhaps counseling. I agree with cdw if there is no trust there is no marriage

She has a cell phone under my plan and there is a # that kept appearing, I traced it and it is a man she works with. I confronted her about it and she just said it was a friend. So, that is why I wanted to look at her email. If there is proof then I want to get a divorce.

You either believe her or you dont! If you find nothing in the email you are still not going to trust her. Hence my suggestion. By the way I dont believe your going to not look in the email no matter what we say

I have many numbers in my cell phone that keep appearing ... one of them belongs to an attractive female coworker (an officer) ... since she is a coworker, and I have occasion to call her at least twice each day in the course of work, her number will show up with some frequency. A frequent number does not represent an affair. What it MIGHT represent if the calls are at odd hours (after work) is that she is getting some companionship that she should be getting from home. It might just be talk. Now, if she is going out at odd hours and staying out late, you can draw your own conclusions.

If the trust is gone, it's time to get a divorce. The fact that you are even suspecting her seems to indicate that this marriage needs to enter some serious counseling to save it.

- Carl

I could have looked into her email 100 times already, I have not. Trust me I want to on one hand but the other hand I don't want to. I will sit down with her and ask her to open her email with me to look. If she says no way, then I may look.
Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back