I think I may have sold fake items on OfferUp?

SarahanAdun

Jurisdiction
Maryland
Hi im 17 years old I live in MD and my friend and I are kind of stupid and thought we had found real headphones that were cheaper on Alibaba and resold it here and basically I met up with this guy and sold him these headphones yesterday but he said they might be fake so he didnt accept them but i just thought he said that because he mightve saw a scuff or something that threw him off but basically today I sold some for $100 to someone and at first it wasnt working but then i fixed it for him when he wanted to configure it but thats arbitrary anyway I sold it to him but now I think that they might be fake? What are the chances that this gentlemen might infact just switch it with fake ones and demand money back? I dont know these headphones that well and idk what to do because I just wanted to try and start a business and sell things and make money with my friend but I had no intention of going out of my way to be a criminal and scam people???So far I have done nothing but sit here and worry. Please help!!!

What are the chances that this gentlemen might infact just switch it with fake ones and demand money back?

Anything's possible but no way to predict. You'll just have to sweat it out.

So far I have done nothing but sit here and worry.

Give it a week or two. If nothing comes of it, you can stop worrying. Hang on to the $100 just in case. If he wants his money back, give it to him and learn a healthy lesson in how to examine the bona fides of stuff you buy for resale.

Hi im 17 years old I live in MD and my friend and I are kind of stupid and thought we had found real headphones that were cheaper on Alibaba and resold it here and basically I met up with this guy and sold him these headphones yesterday but he said they might be fake so he didnt accept them but i just thought he said that because he mightve saw a scuff or something that threw him off but basically today I sold some for $100 to someone and at first it wasnt working but then i fixed it for him when he wanted to configure it but thats arbitrary anyway I sold it to him but now I think that they might be fake? What are the chances that this gentlemen might infact just switch it with fake ones and demand money back? I dont know these headphones that well and idk what to do because I just wanted to try and start a business and sell things and make money with my friend but I had no intention of going out of my way to be a criminal and scam people???So far I have done nothing but sit here and worry. Please help!!!

Buying fake goods from China/Alibaba and passing them off as real is NOT going to end up well for you. Until/unless you know what you're selling is legit, you really need to stop.

Buying fake goods from China/Alibaba and passing them off as real is NOT going to end up well for you. Until/unless you know what you're selling is legit, you really need to stop.
ay man i didnt even know and ofc ima stop i havent done it since it was one time and im never doing that again ive been mislead and I gotta be smarter

Back