I spilled drops of nail polish remover on my roomate's table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ar2ca

I accidentally spilled five drops of acetone on my roomate's wood and glass coffee table. The damage is incredibly small, you have to be looking for it to see it, and mostly only at an angle. The acetone did not even eat down to the wood, just through the finish.

I immediately told her about it, and she said it was okay, not to worry about it. I told her I would pay for the materials to fix it. She said she'd just have her dad look at it.

Like a week later I recieve an email from her saying she was getting quotes on getting it repaired and that she would let me know the cost. I was confused, but I just typed back okay.

Today she tells me the price is going to be 200-300 dollars, which I think is RIDICULOUS for how small the damage is. Apparently, they can't just touch up the spot I damaged, they have to refinish or whatever her entire table.

I don't think I should be expected to pay to have her entire table redone. She recived it second hand from her mom, so it's not like it is even new. I am also a poor college student, so I really don't have the funds right now anyway.

We're moving out of our apartment and into seperate places in two weeks, I'm tempted to just never answer her calls again. BUT I know that isn't right, so I need advice on some sort of compromise, or where I stand legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back