I reported . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredInIowa

I worked for a five person, medical staffing agency. The owners prided the agency because it earned the JACO (Joint Commission) Seal of Approval. As part of my employment, I had the ability to review confidential information regarding each "med pool" employee (nurses, CNAs, etc.) hired to work in client locations (hospitals, nursing homes, etc.). On more than one occassion, I witnessed the company owners place "questionable" employees out on assignments without first having them pass an employment physical, drug test, criminal background check, etc. I reported this information to JACO via their website, which indicated that anyone reporting violations ("whistle blowing") would be protected, HOWEVER a week later I was "let go" without any warning (the owners merely said that it was a small company, that business was too slow to merit my salary). Less than a month prior, the owners had asked me to help them open a new location because business was growing! Do I have any legal grounds to sue the owners for wrongful termination? (They did not dispute my unemployment claim). Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back