I reduced my weekly work day due to work injury but my HR can't accomodate.

Hi,

Thank you everyone for taking time to explain this to me, I learnt a lot. I am still undergoing a few PT sessions for several of my body parts at different locations. I'm on 4 days work week schedule, even though so I'm still able to achieve my daily goal and meet my company's expectations. I work very hard on it. When my Accountant Executive handled me the letter, I feel so uncomfortable that she talked about my medical condition and benefits. In my head, I thought this is between me and HR and no one should ask anything about medical issue as well as employee benefits except HR. And why is she suggesting me to take a freelance gigs. I don't understand where is this coming from and why HR allow this happen. I'm not on FMLA / STD /ADA now, and only get 4 days pay weekly. I need that one day out of five days for medical treatment.

I'm taking the advice to contact and discuss with my HR.

Thank you.

Medicals related to a WC claim are not protected by privacy laws and of course your employer can talk to you about different positions and the benefits associated with those positions. If you have been in PT since at least March with no progress that isn't a great sign and it makes sense your employer is looking for answers as to how long you will need this "temporary" accommodation.

Back